another ticket thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another ticket thread...

Okay, yesterday was not such a good day and I was out driving around on some back road in Comal county just having fun through the hills and turns and such not even paying attention to the speed limit. Well I come up a hill and around a curve and sure enough there's Johnny Law sittin there waitin for someone to come up to fast (limit is 55 I think) and I was the unlucky one to get pulled over by him. Well he comes up gives the usual... why were you goin so fast (~75 in a 55...)and I give him my license and registration and what seems like forever passes by. Well he comes back up to my car and hands me back my stuff and I sign the ticket saying I'll be in court and all that crap. He asks if I have any questions for him and I asked him something I forgot what and he said some total bs answer and that if I want I can go look at his radar. So I get out and walk over to his car with him and I look at it and sure enough he's got me at 75 and then he looks at his and the courts copy of the ticket and says "Oh I forgot to write down your plate and vin#" well I didn't think anything of it til I got home but I looked at my copy of the ticket and it DOES NOT have my plate number written on it....does anyone know if this is grounds for dismissal or what because I cannot afford to get another ticket....
Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no plate= no ticket
Old 01-05-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
no plate= no ticket
Would it matter that he wrote it on his after he gave me my copy?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

yes, if he would have let you go with it not being on there then yea you would have no ticket, but if he wrote it even after he issued your copy then its valid. unless he didnt write it on his copy then theres no record of it period.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

anyone know any good cheap lawyers, I got ticket raped yesterday, No Headlights, Running Red Light(bullshit that bitch was yellow) No Insurance(I forgot carry my new card for the new month) No Inspection (I was gonna get it today). I plan on trying to get everything dismissed, what are my chances?
Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
anyone know any good cheap lawyers, I got ticket raped yesterday, No Headlights, Running Red Light(bullshit that bitch was yellow) No Insurance(I forgot carry my new card for the new month) No Inspection (I was gonna get it today). I plan on trying to get everything dismissed, what are my chances?
If you're in Houston call Paul Kubosh 713-222-0990 and tell him Johnathan Hardcastle referred you
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Launching!

I remember my first ticket. I was 16 and I was in my '95 Camaro Z28. Me and my friend were going to get my windows tinted and all I remember was being on the phone talking to ? and I ran a stop sign. Got pulled over, got a ticket but the cop didn't write down my drivers license number correct. Now that I think about it, could I have gotten it dismissed? He also wrote down my middle name as my first name so it said James . . . . . instead of Ryan . . . . .
I didn't have to pay for it anyways, I just went ahead and took defensive driving.