longtube install

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 11:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I hope a header bolt never breaks on you. You will then feel the rath of why shops charge that!
Nothing my easy out or tap/die set can't handle.
Old 01-15-2008 | 11:46 PM
Banned

Okay looks like we have a deal. Ricardo will be here to help with the install sounds like. Fri. night or Sat. early morning drop your ride by the house. It will be garage kept the entire time. Like I said you can hang out here watching tv, playing games, drinking brews or just come back when its done. I live literally in the corner of 151/410 so that trip to 90/410 will be quick. Who do you have doing your true duals anyhow? Lethal Performance quoted me $475 last I checked...high quality work from real racers! I have been wanting their custom Y-Pipe with flowmaster merge collector for months now. Gotta stop playing pink pirate long enough to spend money on my other passions I guess...lol
Old 01-16-2008 | 08:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid
Nothing my easy out or tap/die set can't handle.
Shows me how much you really dont know! I personally own a snapon tap and die set. ALL metric. Twice now I have had to remove the head and put a timecert in. Choose not to use helicoils because they end up coming out. You will learn one day. I even bought a angle drill to try and get the broke bolts and and couldnt. This is because we soak the bolts with PB laster for at least 2 hrs. Just saying that cheaper is NOT always better. And if this ever happens to you dont say I didnt warn you. But I can get it out for you for a fee The the other side it is nice to have friends that help others out on mods. But I dont think I ever charged them.

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 01-16-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-16-2008 | 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Cantalope kid give me a call if u need some extra hands if i'm not working i will help you out
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
ill come down and do it for free if you say. I LOVE THE COWBOYS, AND T.O. IS THE BEST EVER!!

lol... cowboys were a great team this year and I enjoyed watching them and TO tear it up too bad they fell short!!

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 01-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I need to get my new plugs and what else do I need?

heat wrap, etc. not sure... lmk

my cousin called me this morning and said he'll do it but not this wkend. I want to get this done and Sat morning sounds real good and esp. it's right near where I want to stop by at for my td work. I believe it's OneStop Exhaust. I got my loudmouth work done there and they did a good job! They quoted me like 2bills for the work
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
I need to get my new plugs and what else do I need?

heat wrap, etc. not sure... lmk

my cousin called me this morning and said he'll do it but not this wkend. I want to get this done and Sat morning sounds real good and esp. it's right near where I want to stop by at for my td work. I believe it's OneStop Exhaust. I got my loudmouth work done there and they did a good job! They quoted me like 2bills for the work
You need

2 OEM MLS Header gaskets
2 air gaskets (I delete them)
1 egr gasket (I delete the EGR)
2 02 extensions or 2 Corvette rear 02 sensors
3 Band clamps from napa (I perfer not to use u clamps) If using a y pipe
WD 40 or PB blaster (Soak the bolts)
NA motor I use TR55'S
Taylor 10 MM wires
02 simms or let me delete the codes
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need

2 OEM MLS Header gaskets
NA motor I use TR55'S
Taylor 10 MM wires
I got the race header lt's.. The gaskets I'll get from the dealer. The 02 extensions where do I get those from? I'll get the tr55's & wires
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
I got the race header lt's.. The gaskets I'll get from the dealer. The 02 extensions where do I get those from? I'll get the tr55's & wires
The closest sponsor to you would be TSP,SDPC. I know where in SA but they are not a sponsor yet
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

The closest sponsor to you would be TSP,SDPC. I know where in SA but they are not a sponsor yet
well PM me bro
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:23 PM
Banned

Twice now I have had to remove the head and put a timecert in. Choose not to use helicoils because they end up coming out. You will learn one day. I even bought a angle drill to try and get the broke bolts and and couldnt. This is because we soak the bolts with PB laster for at least 2 hrs. Just saying that cheaper is NOT always better. And if this ever happens to you dont say I didnt warn you. But I can get it out for you for a fee
JM...-Learn something new everyday. Thanks JM! (http://www.timesert.com/) Funny you mention PB Blaster...use it all the time...that stuff is awesome! I'm sure your FEE would involve some harrasment + $'s, but I will keep that option open in case things ever get FUBAR. Totally have to agree, cheaper is not always better...SO TRUE! Looks like he is going elsewhere for true duals as well. So sorry...Maybe for the tune he will go see Shawn at Lethal Performance? Dunno...

Dark...-Would like to jump on this on Friday night so I have all day Sat. to spend with my chica. I'll be at my place @ 5:30PM. If you can make it come by anytime after 6:00PM. I bet we can knock it all out in < 4 hours. That way Sat. you can get it into the exhaust shop early. If this doesn't fit your schedule no big deal. I'll get some QJT in with my gal on Fri. instead. Well let me know. PM'ing you my cell and adress now...
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid
JM...-Learn something new everyday. Thanks JM! (http://www.timesert.com/) Funny you mention PB Blaster...use it all the time...that stuff is awesome! I'm sure your FEE would involve some harrasment + $'s, but I will keep that option open in case things ever get FUBAR. Totally have to agree, cheaper is not always better...SO TRUE! Looks like he is going elsewhere for true duals as well. So sorry...Maybe for the tune he will go see Shawn at Lethal Performance? Dunno...

Dark...-Would like to jump on this on Friday night so I have all day Sat. to spend with my chica. I'll be at my place @ 5:30PM. If you can make it come by anytime after 6:00PM. I bet we can knock it all out in < 4 hours. That way Sat. you can get it into the exhaust shop early. If this doesn't fit your schedule no big deal. I'll get some QJT in with my gal on Fri. instead. Well let me know. PM'ing you my cell and adress now...
Hey bro I am just telling you. Not to bash you at all. Becarefull and happy modding!
Old 01-16-2008 | 12:30 PM
Banned

You need

2 OEM MLS Header gaskets
NA motor I use TR55'S
Taylor 10 MM wires
Dark...First off call the following number for uhumm the STUFF above you need...sorry can't tell you where it leads...210-656-5220...say hello and tell them Cantalope Kid reffered ya'. I recommend you get the bolded recommend above instead of entensions for your stock o2's.
Advantage- you are getting the length you need + brand new hotter o2's. This is the best of both worlds. Damn near the same price as well.

JM...Thanks again for helping out man!
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:05 PM
Banned

Shows me how much you really dont know! I personally own a snapon tap and die set. ALL metric. Twice now I have had to remove the head and put a timecert in. Choose not to use helicoils because they end up coming out. You will learn one day. I even bought a angle drill to try and get the broke bolts and and couldnt. This is because we soak the bolts with PB laster for at least 2 hrs. Just saying that cheaper is NOT always better. And if this ever happens to you dont say I didnt warn you. But I can get it out for you for a fee The the other side it is nice to have friends that help others out on mods. But I dont think I ever charged them.
Sounds like user error to me...lol. I've swapped a bunch of headers and never had a bolt break off on me.
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Sounds like user error to me...lol. I've swapped a bunch of headers and never had a bolt break off on me.
Considering Ive done about 40 sets I highly doubt it. I can build these cars from the ground up. Even if they were all in boxes! Actually Ive allready done it to my car twice. LMAO
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Considering Ive done about 40 sets I highly doubt it. I can build these cars from the ground up. Even if they were all in boxes! Actually Ive allready done it to my car twice. LMAO

guess they dont kno the term "**** HAPPENS!" lol..

some people arnt lucky, and break ****! and others are and get by. luckily i havnt expierienced a broken header bolt... and hopefully i never do! :knock on wood"

just take the precautions darkhourse, and you will be fine! id give JM a call on how to get those extensions asap. or just buy the vette o2s
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
guess they dont kno the term "**** HAPPENS!" lol..

some people arnt lucky, and break ****! and others are and get by. luckily i havnt expierienced a broken header bolt... and hopefully i never do! :knock on wood"

just take the precautions darkhourse, and you will be fine! id give JM a call on how to get those extensions asap. or just buy the vette o2s
Exactly. This is like saying well I broke the bolt in my block. Guess I dont know how to build or assemble LSX engines. Hope everything is good for you in cali bro!
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanx my brutha! thingz are coo. doing my fast 90/90 and 5.3 2.5s very soon. ill letcha know how that goes! im still gunna move back one day! so dont think you wont see the beast again! lol

"sorry for the lil thread hijack....good luck with your install! if i was there id help for free!"
Old 01-16-2008 | 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need to order some parts hopefully today but they prob won't be here by wkend. What ya thinK? Also anyone know how much it would be for me to delete the codes w/o a full tune right now

Just curious, has anyone heard the SweetThunder mufflers on a td setup in person?? I have a vid and it sounds sick but are they toooo loud or do they sound better in person??? I'm slappin them on but what should I expect since I'm going with the race style header

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 01-16-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2008 | 02:06 PM
Teching In

i think the going rate for deleting codes is around 75$. I also recomend you go buy some thumb ratchets from sears hardware. They arent really needed but they make it easier.