Houston Graffiti?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Graffiti?

My home office for my job is near the corner of Montrose and Westheimer and I can not understand how some of the Graffiti shows up so quickly. It amazes me how at such a busy intersection, anyone could have the ***** to spray paint a 3 foot tall symbol so close to a police station. Someone clarify for me the point of it. Does everyone think it really is gangs that do it or "artists" that are out for the adventure?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned

it wasnt me....or was it

Old 01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

I hope it's not gangs. Maybe it's "artists" out for a thrill. Only they should put it somewhere it's welcomed.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Launching!

people do it for a variety of reasons, some gang related and others are just for the thrill. Many artists do it to show off their work and depending on the location and the work they get like props for doing it...if you notice on graffiti it always has the artist's tag somewhere so others know exactly who did it. The more you do the more recognized you get as an artist and daredevil doing your thing.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's really died down in the last 8 years. I did it for a 2 year stretch, mainly on older buildings out of the city limits, and hung out with a whole shitload of people that were into it as well. We had one wall that we would whitewash once a month, and just go back and forth between "crews" to see who could drop the sickest peice.

I think all the big boys have gotten out of it. "bro" used to be huge on the hwy6/290 area, "noise" was big downtown/45 area, "sunkrew" was all over 290/610, and there were a few more that were scattered throughout the city as well.

Trains were big late 90s, but have since been gettin strict and hard to find, so it died out. I think I still have 10-20 tips layin around in the garage somewhere. lol
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

some bad *** art work

just some crazy pieces i have seen on the net
Old 01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

repel artists are freakin NUTS. I watched Noise do a repel peice off of a bridge in HTX one night, that **** freaked me out!