guitarists??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have a couple of guitars here - I taught myself @ 16 so I could play praise and worship for my youth group Since then, I have played for many a youth group, and some churches. Now, I just have it laying next to my desk, and I pick it up every now and then to play some fun accoustic stuff.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Ibanez Sabre here. Essentially they early 540 SLTD with sharktooth inlay. Loaded it with EMGs and it came with the floating Floyd Rose. Played a lot of Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer stuff back in the day. Now its sitting in my closet with all my analog keyboards I never play either.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _Zac
Craig+Guitar=Jesus
definately right there!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:25 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS 666
Ibanez Sabre here. Essentially they early 540 SLTD with sharktooth inlay. Loaded it with EMGs and it came with the floating Floyd Rose. Played a lot of Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer stuff back in the day. Now its sitting in my closet with all my analog keyboards I never play either.
Hey sweeet...

I have one in red 540SLTD...Really nice condition.It looks just like the main one Alex Skolnick (from Testament) uses.Frank Gambale also use them.WELL.

Great playing guitar.personally I think the later model Sabers (or "S" series) are different and not as good as the originals.Can't beat the original "wizard" neck or Edge Pro trem either.What color is yours??

My current gear:
Ibanez 540sltd
Jackson MG
Squire strat (cheap fun!)

Amp:
Marshall JCM900 100watt

Effects:
Old Alesis Quadraverb II (still works!)
Alesis 3630 comp/gate
Morley wah/volume
Boss OD3

Previous guitars:
Ibanez UV7BK
Peavey Wolfgang ('98 model)
Fender Malmsteen (vintage white/rosewood/2nd edition '98)
Carvin Ultra V
Carvin DC120 (Floyd)
Ibanez RG760 (early 90's)
Yamaha SE110 (first guitar)

I play mainly rock but anything that interests me is fair game...

First song was "Crazy Train"-Ozzy Osbourne

Been playing since summer of '87.Haven't been in a band since the mid 90's and looking to get back into one now that my son is older and getting "his own life"....Dad needs to get back some of his!

Influences:SOOOOOOOO MANY.....all the greats and some of the not so greats!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Veteran

just got one for xmas(one of many that i have owned and sold), have fun with it joe
Old 01-24-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Electric and acoustic here. I don't play as much as I used to, but I'm getting back into it. I almost upgraded to the PRS I've always wanted, but I bought a Z06 instead.

Rock on...
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

PRS custom 24, whale blue...Flame top
Kirk Hammet Signature Ibanez
Gibson LesPaul
fender Strat...barf
Dean Classical electric/acoustic
Gibson G45 Acoustic
Ovation(i hate ovation) acoustic
Some no name 12 string
LTD 7-string(in the KoRn days)

sold em all after getting bored with guitar
now i have the crap fender and an old yamaha acoustic left.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kerryt1
Electric and acoustic here. I don't play as much as I used to, but I'm getting back into it. I almost upgraded to the PRS I've always wanted, but I bought a Z06 instead.

Rock on...
PRS guitars are very nice.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about those turn tables i sold you?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MJK
Hey sweeet...

I have one in red 540SLTD...Really nice condition.It looks just like the main one Alex Skolnick (from Testament) uses.Frank Gambale also use them.WELL.

Great playing guitar.personally I think the later model Sabers (or "S" series) are different and not as good as the originals.Can't beat the original "wizard" neck or Edge Pro trem either.What color is yours??
Well long ago I assumed it was a Saber. Cause the 540SLTDS all said custom made on the 18th fret or something right? I could be way off. Mine doesnt say custom made. How was it custom made anyways when they were mass produced!?. Actually, mine looks EXACTLY like Alex's, metallic maroon or whatever color Ibanez called it. Except now mine has a little bit of black permanent marker from when I met Eric and Trey of Morbid Angel.

Now that I look at the pic it looks red. But if you have the same exact guitar you know it looks maroon also. You got a pic of yours? I've never seen another one exactly like mine, minus the EMGs of course.

Originally Posted by white man
what about those turn tables i sold you?

You mean those??
I gutted the hell out of them when I finally had a chance to rip them open. I cleared out about what..... 2-6 years of rave venue dust and grime out of them. Set the zero points BACK to 0. Left one I loaded up with blue LEDs. Right one I had 2 blue LEDS left over so the speed light looks purple. I found a place where I can buy the M3D pitch control board alone so now they will be just like a pair of M3Ds. And I got them at a damn good price. Unfortunately one douche bag and one cool guy that spins crap music did autograph them. Vicious Vic and D-Fuse. You know which one is which.

Last edited by WS 666; 01-24-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You mean those??
I gutted the hell out of them when I finally had a chance to rip them open. I cleared out about what..... 2-6 years of rave venue dust and grime out of them. Set the zero points BACK to 0. Left one I loaded up with blue LEDs. Right one I had 2 blue LEDS left over so the speed light looks purple. I found a place where I can buy the M3D pitch control board alone so now they will be just like a pair of M3Ds. And I got them at a damn good price. Unfortunately one douche bag and one cool guy that spins crap music did autograph them. Vicious Vic and D-Fuse. You know which one is which.
Yea I remember you gutted them, look good. I'm starting to get that itch again and was seeing if those were sitting in the closet also. 4 more car payments and I'm trying to resist.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by white man
Yea I remember you gutted them, look good. I'm starting to get that itch again and was seeing if those were sitting in the closet also. 4 more car payments and I'm trying to resist.
I tried getting in contact with Will since you sold your record collection to him. That was a year or so ago. Should of sold them to me.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea I should have, had got laid off and kinda of panicked. Is he still alive, I need to find the other guy to get my DNB back or at least some of it. I still have 200-350 not sure, mainly the DNB but not much of the good stuff.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well long ago I assumed it was a Saber. Cause the 540SLTDS all said custom made on the 18th fret or something right? I could be way off. Mine doesnt say custom made. How was it custom made anyways when they were mass produced!?. Actually, mine looks EXACTLY like Alex's, metallic maroon or whatever color Ibanez called it. Except now mine has a little bit of black permanent marker from when I met Eric and Trey of Morbid Angel.

Now that I look at the pic it looks red. But if you have the same exact guitar you know it looks maroon also. You got a pic of yours? I've never seen another one exactly like mine, minus the EMGs of course.
LOL!Yeah I never understood the whole "custom" inlay either...

But yeah,looks just like mine minus the EMGs...Mine still has the IBZ's and is a '92 model.Also has the "All Access" neck joint and "custom" inlay on the 21st fret...

Sorry I don't have a pic of mine.And congrats on the sigs!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Launching!

i never learned how to play so i sold my samick for 30 bucks ,lol
Old 01-25-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can deal with the loss of any of my guitars except for my MIM Strats. I've had one 12 years and it's like a part of me. No matter what other guitar I may buy I always seem to going back to my Strats.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old pic of my rig:

Ryan
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Been jammin' for 10 years, since 13.

Love to play the fast technical stuff.

Symphony X, Racer X, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, old Megadeth, Jason Becker, Eric Johnson, some Vai and Satriani.

Dig classical and jazz too...

HATE country.

Ibanez RG3120
Ibanez UV777GR
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG470

Gotta love those flat-fast necks!

DiMarzio pickups in all of em, used to have an EMG 81/85 combo in the RG570. Also used to play Jacksons but I converted

Sweet thread!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mindcrime1204
Been jammin' for 10 years, since 13.

Love to play the fast technical stuff.

Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, old Megadeth, Eric Johnson, some Vai and Satriani.

Dig classical and jazz too...

HATE country.

Ibanez RG3120
Ibanez UV777GR
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG470

Gotta love those flat-fast necks!

DiMarzio pickups in all of em, used to have an EMG 81/85 combo in the RG570. Also used to play Jacksons but I converted

Sweet thread!
good musical tastes!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Electric:
PRS Custom 22
Satriani Ibanez

Acoustic:
Ibanez
Fender

Amp:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212

I was at my peak my SR year in HS, played in the church band. it was good practice every sunday, and sunday night at the youth events we got to rock out!

wish i got to play more. full time job and part time college = not time to guitars and more.