Got a warning from a Texas State Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a warning from a Texas State Trooper

Some of you may remember me posting about my (now ex) girlfriend getting a warning from a Texas State Trooper.

Well last Wednesday I did also. I was down there for work (I am from Chicago) with a rental car. It was on Texas Route 35 just south of Bay City. Comes up, says....clocked you 76 in a 70, any reason you were going so fast? I was like...no. So he sees that I am out of state and asks what I am doing. I tell him I am working on some weather monitoring equipment for a nuclear power plant that is being built in the area...so he proceeds to shoot the **** about it with me..then he's like oh let me go write you your warning. Comes back, I sign, and he's like "You fellas have a nice day." Didn't tell me to slow it down or to be careful..I was like wtf?

Anyhow, just figured you TX guys might like to hear this story, LOL.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea most cops i have ran into in texas are ******** with a huge head. i have a few i know who are very nice people and do a good job being an officer but i havent ran into ne others yet. sorry bout ur trip to texas............and 76 in a 70 is a lame as ticket
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea most cops will let you get about 11mph over, ******** will get you for even lower.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is the first i've ever heard of a state trooper issuing a warning. Then again I never see them stop anyone going less than 10 over.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
This is the first i've ever heard of a state trooper issuing a warning. Then again I never see them stop anyone going less than 10 over.
FWIW my ex-gf was pulled over over for 93 in a 70 and she got a warning (also in a rental car). I love working in Texas.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

lol i had a cop pull me over for 5 over in a 55,he asked me the same question and my reply was it was only 5 over lol He then gave me a lecture about not starting out from a light too fast and let me go...thats cool you got off most cops ive ran into let me off or knock the ticket way down
Old 03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

One night I had a Ram 1500 absolutely all over my back end...went down the road a bit not minding him til I looked back again and he was even closer. I decided that was a bit too close, downshifted to 3rd at 72-73 and left him behind..pulled up at the light with my window down and he pulled up next to me. Black ~2000 Ram with a big ol' Texas State Trooper on the side. I nearly crapped myself since I didn't stop accelerating til I got to around 100. He shined his flash light in my face, and went on about his business after I pulled into a gas station for a badly needed cig after that LOL
Lucky you, the Troopers don't give many warnings
Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
One night I had a Ram 1500 absolutely all over my back end...went down the road a bit not minding him til I looked back again and he was even closer. I decided that was a bit too close, downshifted to 3rd at 72-73 and left him behind..pulled up at the light with my window down and he pulled up next to me. Black ~2000 Ram with a big ol' Texas State Trooper on the side. I nearly crapped myself since I didn't stop accelerating til I got to around 100. He shined his flash light in my face, and went on about his business after I pulled into a gas station for a badly needed cig after that LOL
Lucky you, the Troopers don't give many warnings
That happened to me one time also. Freaked me out that a random car was riding my *** for so long down a completely deserted country road. He ended up pulling me over and gave me a warning after I told him why i sped away from him so fast.

I also got a warning from a state trooper on US 79 past thrall. 75 in a 70 with no other traffic around...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Teching In

I got nabbed once by a Texas State trooper and I had forgot that my license was in my girlfriend's purse (we went to Six Flags the day before). Well he pulls me over for an expired inspection sticker and no front plate and asks me if I know my drivers license number after I told him I forgot my license. Somehow the guy lets me off with a warning, I can't tell you how awesome I thought that guy was.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
Some of you may remember me posting about my (now ex) girlfriend getting a warning from a Texas State Trooper.

Well last Wednesday I did also. I was down there for work (I am from Chicago) with a rental car. It was on Texas Route 35 just south of Bay City. Comes up, says....clocked you 76 in a 70, any reason you were going so fast? I was like...no. So he sees that I am out of state and asks what I am doing. I tell him I am working on some weather monitoring equipment for a nuclear power plant that is being built in the area...so he proceeds to shoot the **** about it with me..then he's like oh let me go write you your warning. Comes back, I sign, and he's like "You fellas have a nice day." Didn't tell me to slow it down or to be careful..I was like wtf?

Anyhow, just figured you TX guys might like to hear this story, LOL.
Did the car have out of state plates? Sounds like you got sniffed out for an intervention bust.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Launching!

haha, yeah I live in Chicago too... and u don't usually get pulled over here unless you're doing like... 16 over on the highway. The Speed limit is 55mph, but most ppl do 65-70 because 55mph is a ridiculous speed limit. Hell, thats the speed limit on one lane country roads out here.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Remind me to pull you guys over for going 1mph over when i become a trooper.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Nah, be a cool trooper.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:45 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
Remind me to pull you guys over for going 1mph over when i become a trooper.
LOL, that is wacked. I am in the process too.

Years ago i got pulled for drag racing, i got a warning, only cause i work for the state.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got a long way to go anyways 90 hrs college
Old 03-05-2008, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've been pulled over 28 times that I can remember since I was 16. Now I'm 21.

I've been driving my Z28 mostly, sometimes other vehicles. Always got pulled over in the Z though.

It was always for dumb stuff though, usually just looking for a reason to pull me over. 2mph over here, busted headlight there, etc... Never anything remotely serious.

Hell, one night I was pulled over 6 times for the same thing. Busted headlight, had a new one in the passengers seat just trying to get home. Hit twice in Tyler, 3 times in Whitehouse, and once more in Troup. 30 mile trip, averages to once every 5 miles..

No tickets, all warnings.

I only had one close encounter, got a ticket totalling nearly $990. Whole array of random ****. I got it thrown out though, judge agreed it was retarded.

-Rick
Old 03-05-2008, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

i got a warning from a state trooper for doing 100+. thought i was going to jail =)
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nauticalstar
i got a warning from a state trooper for doing 100+. thought i was going to jail =)
You should have played the lottery that night.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
I've been pulled over 28 times that I can remember since I was 16. Now I'm 21.

I've been driving my Z28 mostly, sometimes other vehicles. Always got pulled ov

No tickets, all warnings.

I only had one close encounter, got a ticket totalling nearly $990. Whole array of random ****. I got it thrown out though, judge agreed it was retarded.

-Rick
Out of curiosity, what kind of stuff besides probably dirty license plate?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mike s.
Did the car have out of state plates? Sounds like you got sniffed out for an intervention bust.
I'm pretty sure it had Texas plates on it...

Quick Reply: Got a warning from a Texas State Trooper