Looking for an apartment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by venomhp
damn, 400 a month aint much, and ussually when you pay less, the security issue goes up
That's very true, but I'm not against shooting a ************. I'm not worried about myself as much as I am my girlfriend. We just need to make it 4 more months and we're headin' back to God's country.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TATER
We just need to make it 4 more months and we're headin' back to God's country.
Where's that?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Arkansas. I'm not gonna have an Arkansas/Texas discussion lol. I'm sure if i had lived here my whole life that I would love it and be a dedicated Texan.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

500 hmm, check out Ryan's Pointe on Park Row off of N. Fry. I still don't see the Westside happening for under 600, sorry to say.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 AM
10-Second Club

Sorry friend, you are in God's country right now. Now if we could convince all the carpet baggers from up north & Cali to go back the their own 'god's country' I'd be even happier, this traffic is getting horrific.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

**** I had a hard time finding a one bedroom I'd be comfortable with with the security I wanted for under $700 ...

granted, I'm now like 3 blocks from work at the most, but I'll be more comfortable
Old 03-07-2008, 12:51 AM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try off of I-10 in the Heights area very nice for very good prices..
Old 03-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tater, find some one to rent a room out to you thats legit.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

You must be from NW Ar.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Sorry friend, you are in God's country right now.
No I'm not. This place sucks. Everyone that drives like **** has a Texas plate. Everything's too ******* expensive. YOU GUYS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CHOCOLATE GRAVY IS. If I wanna go to "real" Texas, I'll head out towards Brenham or something.

And will350, no I'm not from there. I'm from Russellville, but I spent a lot of time in NWA and it kicks the **** outta here. The only thing I can do here and can't do back home is go to an Astros game.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Tater, find some one to rent a room out to you thats legit.
May give that a shot if it comes down to it.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:27 AM
10-Second Club

This place sucks.
Ok, you have worn out your welcome, & go back to hill billy land so you can date your 15 y/o cousin. (I am kidding/busting your chops, don't get butt hurt)

Everyone that drives like **** has a Texas plate.
Guess you can take the fast paced hustle & bustle of the big city there cow poke. You are in HOUSTON, EVERY big city is full of shitty drivers. Go out to the country in Texas, it's a much more relaxed driving environment. I deal with it too when I go out to my folks place in Madisonville or my ranch in Rockdale.

Everything's too ******* expensive.
What's so expensive? Cost of living can't be much cheaper than it is here. At least not for comparable housing. If you are living in a small town back home, you need to compare it to a small town here, apples to apples......real estate in any big city will be more expensive, just the way it works. Maybe the answer is get an education or job skills so you can afford a better lifestyle.

YOU GUYS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CHOCOLATE GRAVY IS.
I'm going to go out on a limb here & just say I don't think any of us want to know. Sounds like something off Deliverance.
You sure got a purdee mowf boy.
So, you can go to NFL & NBA games back home? One of the biggest rodeos ever is in town.....how about the Grand Prix, does it come to town? Can you get to the beach in about an hour? Yeah, you obviously haven't been doing much here or taking in the sights, I'd wager there's a ton more things for people to do here than back home, but I would hypothesize that if you can only afford $500 for 2 people for housing, most of the things you may want to do here may be out of your budget.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Launching!

YOU GUYS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CHOCOLATE GRAVY IS.
WTF is chocolate gravy?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
10-Second Club

You know, when you don't wipe well after dropping a deuce, then go out in the hot summer heat & get sweaty crack going....the combination results in chocolate gravy.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Oohhhhhh.... Makes sense now that I think about it
Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Ok, you have worn out your welcome, & go back to hill billy land so you can date your 15 y/o cousin. (I am kidding/busting your chops, don't get butt hurt)
Haha, it's cool. No harm, no foul. And dating cousins is more of a Mississippi thing to do.

Guess you can take the fast paced hustle & bustle of the big city there cow poke. You are in HOUSTON, EVERY big city is full of shitty drivers. Go out to the country in Texas, it's a much more relaxed driving environment. I deal with it too when I go out to my folks place in Madisonville or my ranch in Rockdale.
You speak the truth. I just can't deal with all the big city-ness of it. Too much going on.

What's so expensive? Cost of living can't be much cheaper than it is here. At least not for comparable housing. If you are living in a small town back home, you need to compare it to a small town here, apples to apples......real estate in any big city will be more expensive, just the way it works. Maybe the answer is get an education or job skills so you can afford a better lifestyle.
We pay over as grand for a 3br, 2ba house. It's 3 years old and is falling apart. Leaks, appliances burning out... It's one of those cookie cutter Legend homes. No brick, no nothing. My mom lives in a much, much nicer, larger duplex, and it's $750. That's actually about right for her area (Fayetteville). I am a student at SAM. I'm not a guy in his middle years, I'm 23 and in the final steps of my education and acquirement of "job skills." It's hard to be at school 25 hours a week, and work in a machine shop the rest of the time, but it's life and a living.

I'm going to go out on a limb here & just say I don't think any of us want to know. Sounds like something off Deliverance.
Duuuude, you don't even KNOW how good that **** is. Milk, powdered sugar, and Hershey's coca powder. Pour it hot over buttered biscuits.... mmmmmmm.

Here's a legitimate recipe:
RECIPE BY: Redneck Epicurean

When Mom and Pop got married, Pop had to call Mamaw to get this recipe. When he was growing up, they were really poor (Papaw was a Baptist preacher and worked at various jobs. Back then life was hard for a preacher with 4 kids). This was one of their "desserts". Mom also made this when we were growing up and to this day, I still love a big hot heapin helpin. One might ask how do you eat "chocolate gravy"? With homemade "cat-head" biscuits (Mamaw called them this because she made them "big as a cat's head" or canned country-style (Do not try this with one of those flaky-type canned biscuits - it just isn't the same.) and a chunk of butter about the size of the tip of your thumb. Let it kinda melt, then eat away. This is just like any other gravy, other than the addition of the butter at the table. I eat this with milk or coffee as the beverage, as nothing else tastes good. This is Redneck comfort food at its finest! **Times and yield are approximate. Please z-mail me with what you come up with.**
Print Recipe Share Make Notes Add

* Email this Recipe
* Send to Cell Phone

* Add to Cookbook
* Add to Menu
* Add to Shopping List
* Add to Meal Plan
* Add Photo

| Edit...
My Notes:

My Notes
ONLY YOU see your private notes, and they print with the recipe.

Save Note Cancel

Write a Review! (optional)

Submit Cancel
Submit a Correction
Ingredients
# 1 cup granulated sugaror Splenda sugar substitute
# 1 tablespoon butter
# 1 1/2 cups milk
# 2 tablespoons flour
# 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder(we prefer Hershey's)
Directions

Mix all the dry ingredients in a heavy saucepan with a whisk. Using a whisk blends everything better than a spoon. Stir in the milk.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove the pot when the mixture is thick like pudding.
Add the butter. Stir in until completely melted. Serve over biscuits with a teaspoon of butter dolloped on top.

Just make some up sometime. You'll love it.

So, you can go to NFL & NBA games back home? One of the biggest rodeos ever is in town.....how about the Grand Prix, does it come to town? Can you get to the beach in about an hour? Yeah, you obviously haven't been doing much here or taking in the sights, I'd wager there's a ton more things for people to do here than back home, but I would hypothesize that if you can only afford $500 for 2 people for housing, most of the things you may want to do here may be out of your budget.
Wow... tall buildings... what a sight. If I wanna see some sights, I'll go out and look at blue bonnets and rolling hills. I was raised catching craw dads, frog gigging, duck hunting, squirrel hunting, fly fishing, hiking, canoeing, tying a dozen boats together in a cove and partying in lakes so clear you can see down for 30 feet. Big cities just aren't my thing. I've caught a few Astros games, and it was a great deal of fun, although I wouldn't come to Houston JUST to see it. I watch the Super Bowl on TV and don't give a crap about basketball. Your version of a beach is rediculous. The family makes a trip to Fort Walton every year, I get 7 days of nothing but beach and I'm fine until the next year rolls around. We have bars, you have bars. We have live music, you have live music. Since engines are what I know and enjoy, the Grand Prix and NHRA events (along with ADRL and Dragapalooza) are the only things I'll miss about being here, and I'm usually too busy to even go. I see your point, but it's like trying to tell Jesus he's not the Messiah. I'm just not listening, haha.

Back on topic, we've found a few apartments. Gonna go check them out today. (Katy area.)
Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

also the cheaper apartments that are further away from work may be nice, but dont forget about gas mileage since your driving further so thats gonna cost you as well, its kind of a fine line, or formula to find a place, price/space/security/location and then also what bills are included with rent, the all bills paid places you could afford to spend more since your not paying any bills except internet and cable, and sometimes you can get a free signal!