front tag issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Default front tag issues

Well i finally had to break down and put my front liscense plate on today...due to the local state troopers...they seem to like picking on me on my way home from work every morning... ive never ran into the problem with any other law enforcement in any other towns or counties, just the state troopers in mine...hell even when i got busted for racing they didnt give me **** about it, lol.. Anyone else have this problem?

Before all you cop fans come rushing in crying...yes i know its there job
Old 03-26-2008 | 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

I thought I heard on here somewhere that if your car is registered after 9/07 then you don't have to have a front LP. Is this true or was it all hearsay?

I had that problem alot. 5 warnings in a couple of months before I put it back on.
Old 03-26-2008 | 12:56 PM
On The Tree

i took crim just classes at school and a requirement was to do a ride along with a cop.
he was a stupid jackass rookie and pulled over people for 8hours for their front tags. yes its illegal to not have it. no there is no exceptions i dont believe. every single car has to have a front tag.
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Lady Bird is correct, no exceptions...i tried the ol' " Theres a plastic plate on the bumper where the tag goes and i dont know how to pop it off without damaging the paint" and that quickly got shutdown with a response of " Take it to the dealership, they can do it"...i was thinking, you whitty son of a bitch! lol
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

LOL, it seems to be a DPS thing. APD and RPD around here could really give two shats about it. DPS has warned me on several occasions though.
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Actually there are exemptions for the front plate, but it doesn't affect us private citizens. Some police vehicles don't require it, BUT, if you read the law, you'll see it says the plate has to be visible from the front of the vehicle, doen't say where on the front it has to be. I keep mine suction-cupped in the passenger side up high so you can see it easily AND it doesn't block my view.

Good luck
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:20 PM
On The Tree

are you talking about the trans am plate on the front?
asked my boyfriend just last week if thats illegal to have that instead of a license plate since it comes on the TA and is kinda like a piece of it.
nope. have to have that front license plate.

also, thats how it is in MD. it might be different in opther states
or at least, it probably is different in other states.
hell, in maryland you can still shoot people for messing with your crab pots. lol
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only legal way to get away with not having a front plate is to have antique vehicle plates. The car has to be at least 25 years old though.
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Morpheus
The only legal way to get away with not having a front plate is to have antique vehicle plates. The car has to be at least 25 years old though.
dont know bout that either.
we have over 20 antique cars (1920s-1930s) and they all have to have front tags too.
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Morpheus

Or have dealer tags! :WOOT:
Old 03-26-2008 | 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Arlington, Burleson, Kennedale, Mansfield, and Ft. Worth PDs have never given me any issues with mine being covered. I haven't had the plate displayed since I owned it. I can see how troopers would say something, but I'm pretty mellow on the road...minus my exhaust screaming everywhere I go.
Old 03-26-2008 | 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Arlington, Burleson, Kennedale, Mansfield, and Ft. Worth PDs have never given me any issues with mine being covered. I haven't had the plate displayed since I owned it. I can see how troopers would say something, but I'm pretty mellow on the road...minus my exhaust screaming everywhere I go.
haha you and me may be mellow with our cars but i guarantee at least 90% of the people on here drive theirs like they stole em!