Possibly Relocating to Texas

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
seem to run into lots of douchebaggery the farther east and north we go.

And I hate it when I get pulled over and the same **** everytime: "Is this the way the you all drive in Texas? Well here in (enter douchebag state,example NY) we dont drive like that!"
Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
Austin..way too crowded, too many hobos, and filled with homos and extreme liberals, but it is like an hour from downtown austin
Wait...wait...wait.... There are extreme liberals in Texas? I thought you Texans use gasoline for mouthwash and sawzalls for nailclippers...

From what you guys are telling me, I think we'll look into Round Rock and Plano. They sound nice.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prochargedchevyi
Wait...wait...wait.... There are extreme liberals in Texas? I thought you Texans use gasoline for mouthwash and sawzalls for nailclippers...
Austin is not Texas and Texas is not Austin.

Gas got too expensive, I'm using carb cleaner for mouth wash now.

I work in Austin but live slightly outside the city in Williamson County. We can still act like rednecks out there.

When I see a Prius with a Pro-Al Gore sticker or an Anti-Bush one, I just rev my non-cat exhaust fumes at their liberal hippy faces.

J/K (but I do think about it )
Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TWS

I work in Austin but live slightly outside the city in Williamson County. We can still act like rednecks out there.

When I see a Prius with a Pro-Al Gore sticker or an Anti-Bush one, I just rev my non-cat exhaust fumes at their liberal hippy faces.

Speaking of exhaust fumes, do you guys have emissions laws/inspections in Texas? Are there any exemptions? My 70' Nova is what I'll be bringing there, and I KNOW that I'll fail a smog test.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of exhaust fumes, do you guys have emissions laws/inspections in Texas? Are there any exemptions? My 70' Nova is what I'll be bringing there, and I KNOW that I'll fail a smog test.
It varies by County. Travis and Williamson both have smog tests. All I can say is it ain't what you know, it's who you know.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TWS
It varies by County. Travis and Williamson both have smog tests. All I can say is it ain't what you know, it's who you know.
In that case, I think I need to include you in my rolodex! LOL.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

plano very good roads like mentioned already and rich people everywhere .
Old 04-04-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TWS

lol dude i do that everytime i go there, like last weekend i was like "dude you know how many people hate me right now because of my exhaust" than i saw this lady give me a very bad look and revved the **** out of my car and her face was priceless...omg it was so funny!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm reviving this thread from the dead.

After 6 long years of saving every penny we had, we're finally moving to Texas. We found a house in Dripping Springs that we can afford and we're closing on it 8/1. It's been a persistent battle to get there, but we finally made it. I cannot wait to call Texas home.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

After 6 long years of saving every penny we had, we're finally moving to Texas. We found a house in Dripping Springs that we can afford and we're closing on it 8/1. It's been a persistent battle to get there, but we finally made it. I cannot wait to call Texas home.
Holy **** man, way to bring this one back from the dead. I saw the OP date and was wondering what the latest comment was going to behold.

Congrats on the move! Dripping Springs is pretty nice and everything awesome is relatively close. Welcome to Texas!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Congrats bro. After reading a couple of responses here I'm glad it didn't scare you off. Austin and the surrounding areas are a great place to live. There are a lot of like minded people here who like guns, gas, girls, and gear. I'm right around the corner in Kyle, so send me a PM when you get down and I'll give you the skinny on some meets.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmiller
Congrats bro. After reading a couple of responses here I'm glad it didn't scare you off. Austin and the surrounding areas are a great place to live. There are a lot of like minded people here who like guns, gas, girls, and gear. I'm right around the corner in Kyle, so send me a PM when you get down and I'll give you the skinny on some meets.
I definitely will. Thank you for that.

The first order of business once we get there is to buy another F-body. When we moved to Colorado from Florida, I sold everything I had because there was no sense keeping it covered in a garage for 8 months out of the year. It'll be nice to row through some gears again. I really cannot wait to move and get back to my roots - Which is BBQ, warm weather, good-looking women, sweet tea, and fast cars.

Vince

Quick Reply: Possibly Relocating to Texas