Arlington Speeding Ticket(LOL)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Arlington Speeding Ticket(LOL)

Back in April, 2005 I got a speeding ticket for 77 in a 45 and a no license plate violation. It was my first speeding ticket at the time. I appeared at the court within the 30 days like the court asked and they told me they had no record of the ticket. I appeared again a month later and same thing... no record. So I figured the cop never filed it.

Three years later, Today, April 22, 2008 I got a letter in the mail request I show up in court on June 3, 2008... WOW!

Do they really expect me to pay?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Thats messed up, but its better to be safe then sorry.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Launching!

lol that sux. I guess it's better than a Constable knocking at your door.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

go and tell them its been three years and what not and hopefully theyll dismiss it for being stupid. I got a ticket a year ago when I totalled my TA for "unsafe speed for conditions" (hydroplaned) and I just barely went to court to say not guilty about a month ago and the pig didnt show so now I have to wait another six months and waste my time again
Old 04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adillhoff
Back in April, 2005 I got a speeding ticket for 77 in a 45 and a no license plate violation. It was my first speeding ticket at the time. I appeared at the court within the 30 days like the court asked and they told me they had no record of the ticket. I appeared again a month later and same thing... no record. So I figured the cop never filed it.

Three years later, Today, April 22, 2008 I got a letter in the mail request I show up in court on June 3, 2008... WOW!

Do they really expect me to pay?

I had the same thing happen to me in Arlington. I got the ticket for speeding when I lived in the area. I went to the court and plead not guilty. I lived there for another 6-7 months and heard nothing from them. I ended up moving back to Houston. I even updated my mailing address with them. Months go by and I hear nothing about a court date. I got sick of trying to remember this dam ticket so I called the Arlington courthouse and told them I had moved from the area and I thought I was suppose to receive trial in a fair and expeditious time frame and that they had taken so long I felt the matter should be dropped. She checked the tickets date asked me when I moved and scrapped my ticket..... She mentioned something about there courts be extremely backed up. No wonder the way they write tickets and run speed traps up there.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1gen
go and tell them its been three years and what not and hopefully theyll dismiss it for being stupid. I got a ticket a year ago when I totalled my TA for "unsafe speed for conditions" (hydroplaned) and I just barely went to court to say not guilty about a month ago and the pig didnt show so now I have to wait another six months and waste my time again
Damn! that sux.....I guess now everyone reschedules as opposed to just dismissing ****.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was wrote 5 citations back in 2004 on my bike and just last week recieved a letter in the mail about a court date.I went into the court yesterday and they dropped all 5 cause of the time frame.
Arlington writes tickets cause of all the major freeways passing through the city.Most people just pay the ticket and move on.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Teching In

My husband got a speeding ticket in Arlington, had a payment plan with 3 payments, paid it off, then 3 years later he gets pulled over for speeding in NRH and they tell him he has a warrant for not paying the ticket in Arlington. Long story short I had to pay to pay the full amount of the ticket to get him out, then we called Arlington and they said they would look into it. A few weeks later sent us a refund check minus some bs fees...aholes.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

haha, that's messed up dude. How does that even happen, what the cop saw the ticket hidden in his car or something?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Teching In

No, he had a warrant for not paying. Which was weird because he had just had his license renewed a few months before that when he turned 21 and they didn't say anything to him about it then. I was trying to make it short, but we had to talk to a bunch of different people at the court house, then trace back the checks written to pay it, which were from an account that wasn't open anymore. Then we didn't hear anything until one day we get a check from Arlington. No letter, just a check.