WTB: Oil Level Sensor plug w/ wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: Oil Level Sensor plug w/ wiring

Anybody have any ideas on where I can get a new plug with wire leads so I can splice it in to the existing wiring? I was stupid and forgot to remove the plug for the oil level sensor when lowering the motor (getting the manifolds back in). Well, the manifold that I had resting on the k-member tore the wire from the plug.

I figured the dealership won't sale me just the plug with some wire leads (probably have to buy a whole new harness). You think a junk yard would let me cut that plug out, or does anybody know someone that has a junk harness that I can get one from? Thanks guys.

- Patrick
Old 04-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Banned

Thats a typical plug IIRC, they are similiar to many other plugs on the car and other GM vehicles.
The GM dealer has replacement ends, I bought plug ends when I did an A4 to M6 swap.
I have a spare harness if you still need one.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do the plug ends come with the wire leads? The wire basically pulled out right before the connector and I don't have enough wire to splice with. Thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Launching!

talk to o'reillys. I had to replace the MAF plug once, paid $11 and it came with 18" of lead from the plug. Not sure if they will have this one, but its worth a shot. Let us know what you find out in case someone else does this
Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going by the dealership and O'Reillys today. I will let everyone know if they have something.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Went to the Dealer at lunch today. They do have the replacement connector with wire leads. AC Delco makes one and the part number is PT374 if anyone ever needs one.

You can also use the Duralast Coolant Temp Sensor Connector as well. Can get it at Autozone Part #254 and its about $15.

Coolant Temp Sensor Connector

- Patrick

Quick Reply: WTB: Oil Level Sensor plug w/ wiring