Someone sent me this.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone sent me this.

Said what the hell...... signed it.

As you are no doubt aware, our gasoline prices are out of control. The primary cause for this is that supply of oil is limited, while worldwide demand for oil continues to grow.

While conservation is important, we cannot conserve our way out of the crisis. As long as oil supplies remain tight, the market will respond with high prices, just as it would if we were running low on Corn Flakes, the price of Corn Flakes would skyrocket.

The best fix is for us to tap our own domestic sources of oil now. This includes the massive Oil Shale deposits in the Dakotas, the ANWR reserve, and large deposits in the Gulf of Mexico. Some estimates suggest the oil shale deposits in the Dakotas have as much as three times as much oil as all of Saudi Arabia.

Even though it will take years to get oil from these sources to the gas pumps, the mere promise of expanded oil supply will drive down the price of oil because the fear of shortages will be taken out of the equation.

Newt Gingrich's American Solutions has created an online petition to ask the government to allow drilling in the above-mentioned places. Over 1 million people have already signed this petition.

Please show your support for the "drill here drill now" policy by signing the petition at:

http://www.americansolutions.com/act...b-346a1e096659
Old 06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/racer-s-lounge/944167-drill-here-drill-now-pay-less-petition.html
Old 06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok didnt see that.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that you necessarily should have, I was just posting that because there was already a discussion going (not that I care either way.)