Ever buy a vehicle through work program plan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008 | 10:38 PM

Default Ever buy a vehicle through work program plan?

I noticed some thing at work for employees on special pricing on new GM vehicles they also have stuff if you want to buy a Ford. Any ever buy a car using one of these plans through their work? It says a certain percentage above invoice. Seems kinda b.s, like they just go ahead and dick you on financing or rebates
Old 08-06-2008 | 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I noticed some thing at work for employees on special pricing on new GM vehicles they also have stuff if you want to buy a Ford. Any ever buy a car using one of these plans through their work? It says a certain percentage above invoice. Seems kinda b.s, like they just go ahead and dick you on financing or rebates
You're way too negative. Through GM its called GM Supplier pricing. What price it is in relation to invoice depends on the car. Ive seen it just a few dollars above invoice, or a few hundred below. Most of the time it is going to be just slightly below or at invoice. You can then apply rebates to your GM supplier pricing, or go with the incentivized interest rate if there is one. If you're worried about interest rates, get approved through the bank of your choice, and if the dealer can beat it, great. If not, go with your own bank.

Also, your work should supply you with the information on obtaining your supplier authorization number.
Old 08-07-2008 | 12:03 AM
Teching In

It depends on the make/model of the car and the region you live in. It can be anything from $1000 Rebate with no local incentives to 10% off with local incentives added(cash back or financing options. I have a GM Supplier Discount Account. If you have a particular make and model, let me know and I'll find out what they are shelling out.
Old 08-07-2008 | 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My wife got her TBSS through a deal like this. It was actually a good deal and we got the dealer incentives.

You still may need to shop around. We went to the Chevy dealership in Burleson and they wouldn't give use any incentive with the special pricing so we went to the one off 20 and they gave us all of it.
Old 08-07-2008 | 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

I've been doing it for years with the employee pricing (dad retired from GM). There should be a specific supplier price for the vehicle you want, plus you should get all manufacturer rebates as well.
Old 08-07-2008 | 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

We just bought our 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS through my work-sponsored GM Supplier Discount. Saved a good amount, too. Funny thing is, the first dealer (Ron-Ripoff-Carter) we went to wouldn't honor the GM Supplier on the SS. "Those things are hot right now". Whatever.

Went to Norman Friede and got a great deal - Supplier price, good trade-in, and 0% financing. See Sonny Metz - he'll hook you up. Can't beat that!
Old 08-07-2008 | 01:31 PM

Thanks for all the info guys, gonna get rid of this Blazer when the warranty runs out. Going to look for a Seirra.

Originally Posted by SJRTX
You're way too negative

I'm only happy when it rains, I kick kittens in the face and pee in little kids coloring books. Any case, thanks for the info though.