Hurricane IKE Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, Joe Ex-SS-Ve had gotten out of there just in time. was on the phone with him about a half hour before that, and he was in galveston.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am back in Galveston today and reporting for work

Unfortunally our store seems to have made it trough with little to no damage so we are open. I say unfortunally bc I work off commision and there is no one here who wants to buy a stupid phone. Parts of the island look decent and then there are parts that are pretty torn up. I havent got to really drive around yet so I havent been able to see a whole lot.

It will be a while before galveston gets kickin again. Also its sinks sooo bad waiting in the traffic line to get in. I had to roll the window down to show my work pass and it smells like a stinky wet poopie dog everywhere out there.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Removing the main breaker THEN connecting to the bus bars will work also....sometimes this is easer said then done, depending on the type of box. ...as said before please be careful....you can fry yourself for all I care, but don't fry the electrical workers..they still have alot of work to do.

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
If ANYONE does this, make sure you remove the meter from the pole, that way the back feed cannot happen.

Quick Reply: Hurricane IKE Thread