Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Air moving products compressor missing a part

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air moving products compressor missing a part

Hello all, I to have an Air Moving Products Air compressor. It is a 120 gallon tank, A 10 horse motor and a large two stage V-twin compressor. Upon purchase the previous owner stated the big tube had been damaged in moving it across the shop. (no big deal) The other part I noticed after purchase was what appears to be a line missing from the inlet of the tank for the compressed air and the other end appears to go to the end of the crankshaft area of the compressor. There is a .125 steel rod that sticks out of this area. it is spring loaded. It would appear that the line diverts air pressure to the end of the crankshaft end cap housing. I don't know and can't seem to find out if there should be some sort of oiling device that is air assisted or what the air pressure to this fitting would do. I don't dare run the compressor until I have this situation repaired. I can't locate the original company by any form of Internet search, and the local air compressor shops don't want to give me the time of day. Any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

Stephen
Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post any pictures? Pictures are worth 1000 words in this situation.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pic won't help...

Quick Reply: Air moving products compressor missing a part