Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Fender covers for car?

Old 10-20-2003, 01:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fender covers for car?

Hey I was wondering if its a good idea to use fender covers on your car? My Camaro is currently hold up in the garage on jack stands and has a cover over it. But im slowly working on the engine. Thing is im always leaning over the front of the car and am afraid im gonna stratch it with my belt or something. I was considering fender covers but had heard that usually they can do more harm cause dirt can get between them and the car and scratch it worse. My was washed before I put a cover on it and it only comes off for 2-4 hours a day while im working on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Fender covers for car?

Yes use a fender cover, I nice soft one works great. A couple of suggestions, use a California duster to remove and dust before laying the cover on the fender and wipe down the cover before you lay it onto the fender.

Al
Old 10-21-2003, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Fender covers for car?

I got some really cool"Camaro" fender covers - last time I was at Chevy Vette Fest. The best way to desribe them as "sticky" they do not slide on the car and the tools kind "stick" to it, so they don't fall on the floor as much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fender covers for car?