Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

code reader/scan tool

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code reader/scan tool

Hey guys, im looking for a scan tool/code reader. my budget is around $200. any recomendations? are there certain features i should look for? thanks for all ur input.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Prob overkill for what you're looking for but I've been eyeing this down, mainly I want to read the codes and have livedatalogging of all the sensors on any car....You need a labtop for it tho too....I got a live datalogging system (piggyback) on my stang and it's nice when you can see the commanded fuel trims, voltages, and see if everything's in range instead of just getting a "ect sensor out of range" I can see exactly what it's doing.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 05-01-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have efilive but I am looking for somethin to scan and read/delete codes for any obdII car mazda,toyota ect... Just like the scan tool for efilive does for gm.
That auto tap look like it fits the bill is it suppose to be one of the best?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Launching!

I have one of the eBay OBDII scanners that covers almost all cars in the US. I think paid something like $80 shipped or so. It reads, deletes codes, and has a basic tables. Its worked wonders in the 6 months or so i have owned.

However, i dont know how in depth you want your tables and how accurate. I just needed mine to be able to delete and read codes...

-justin

Quick Reply: code reader/scan tool