Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

plasma table....plasma cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default plasma table....plasma cam?

I spent way too much so far this year having things made.

So with sema this last week, I looked at the plasma cam. There are others but nothing Ive found in the same price range. Anyone have one? Have experience with one?

So I m probably gonna ad one to my shop. I have a mandrel bender, cage bender, two lifts, mig, tig....etc......and now I think the cnc plasma table will deffinately help things out.

The only other thing I saw that I considered was an injector machine...for cleaning, balancing, etc etc etc.....not a bad business venture, but for my own needs not as helpful as the plasma table.

Any imput....I have a plasma cutter, but would use a hypertherm 65 probably with the table.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

My neighbor has one in his shop. Its very cool. he makes all kinds of stuff. He can make header flanges, and all kinds of other fab parts.
I'd recommend one.
Very cool piece of equipment.
Kory
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

weve got a 5x10 cnc table that we made from scratch. i recomend that if your on a budget and are willing to tinker on somethin for a while. they are a bit tricky to get goin but we have under 1k into ours and it does everything we need. x,y,z axis. made alot of parts and signs on it. more than enough to pay for the parts to build the machine. we already had the computer program to run it from our other cnc machines so thats not figured into the 1k cost. good investment for sure

Quick Reply: plasma table....plasma cam?