Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Chinese Tech 2s

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The T2 does a few other things like program OEM calibrations, but only if you have a GM TIS subsription ($$$$)...

I believe it also displays some info in a supposedly more "nicely formatted" manner, for example it displays the misfire counters as bar-graphs.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:37 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've dealt with both "authentic" and cheap Tech 2s. Mine is authentic with the original 1996 build date under the PCMCIA door, this date will not be there on the Chinese versions. I'm not suggesting you take the risk but I will say this. The knockoff I used did everything exactly like mine. They're still supported to those that say otherwise. They're updated VIA AC Delco Tech2Win which is a subscription based service that anyone can purchase. They're still pushing new updates monthly and support GM products from 92-current.

The CANdi module I own is ebay chinese. It looks and works exactly like any other I've ever used. My main cable also failed from being twisting around too many times. I picked up a chinese $50 replacement and the only thing different about it was the price tag. Keep in mind that since these things are shipping from China it might take a month for you to receive them and if they're damaged in shipping or they rip you off you're screwed. I took the gamble and got $700 worth of stuff for $150. Again, this is just my experience but I'm happy. Chances are, these are coming from the same place the real ones are manufactured.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So do I need a subscription to TIS to flash my BCM for the new 6L80e or flashing door modules for changes in mirrors? I dont care about flashing GM updates into the vehicle just want to be able to make changes to the BCM. I added an aftermarket camera that functions like the factory one and had the dealer flash my nav unit with a new VIN and it works great but now my damn backup sensors dont work and the DIC always says "parking assist off" or some crap like that. Its annoying because it chimes every damn time I put he truck in reverse. I just want to be able to change crap like that and to be able to do the ABS bleed procedure on vehicles I do brake jobs on.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
So do I need a subscription to TIS to flash my BCM for the new 6L80e or flashing door modules for changes in mirrors? I dont care about flashing GM updates into the vehicle just want to be able to make changes to the BCM. I added an aftermarket camera that functions like the factory one and had the dealer flash my nav unit with a new VIN and it works great but now my damn backup sensors dont work and the DIC always says "parking assist off" or some crap like that. Its annoying because it chimes every damn time I put he truck in reverse. I just want to be able to change crap like that and to be able to do the ABS bleed procedure on vehicles I do brake jobs on.

Short answer You wont be flashing anything without a TIS subscription.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but is there a long answer?

GM's refusing to flash my 2004 Colorado's new Key Fob because I didn't buy it from them.

Can I program my stupid key fob with the chinese Tech2?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Doward
Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but is there a long answer?

GM's refusing to flash my 2004 Colorado's new Key Fob because I didn't buy it from them.

Can I program my stupid key fob with the chinese Tech2?
Try a different dealer

Lots of independent repair shops have the necessary tools as well.

Quick Reply: Chinese Tech 2s