Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Degree wheel kit = Bull?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Degree wheel kit = Bull?

I saw a degree wheel kit at Jegs for about $110. It includes a wheel, tester valve springs, a dial indicator, dial indicator holder, directions, etc. They also sell a wheel only for $20 and test springs or $10.

Since I already have a dial indicator and holder, should I just buy the wheel and some test springs or is it better to have the whole kit in a box with directions?
Old 04-22-2004, 07:36 AM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comp, crane and probably Lunati have the complete directions on their web sites for free. I agree with you, You have the dial inductor and a means of holding it. You can make an indicator pointer out of a coat hanger. comp also has a video tape which might could be checked out from your public library.

All you really need is the degree wheel. another question is the best way to hold it on the crank shaft and be able to turn it forward and backward. I did not degree in my current cam and I wish that I had. It isn't absolutely necessary, but I think that I would do it again. You could loose 15 HP by being off a couple of degrees (that's cheap horsepower)

Pose this question over in internal engine and see what responses you get. Better yet, send a PM ot an engine builder like Brian at AP Engineering and ask him. He's one of the sponsers and is a helpful guy.

Quick Reply: Degree wheel kit = Bull?