Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

AutoXray scanner owners!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoXray scanner owners!

I caved in and ordered the EZ Update 400 cable and install disk so I can get the scanner updates via the 'net. I plugged the disk in and tried to install the program to no avail. So I went into "My Computer" and clicked on the D: drive. NOTHING there, no files or anything.

So I assumed that somehow I got an empty disk with a label on it sent to me. I contacted AutoXray and they sent me another disk. Plugged it in my computer tonight and SAME DEAL.

I'm wondering now if my computer just isn't reading the information on the disk, or, ironically I might have gotten another blank disk.

I can't figure it out. This is pissing me off...
Old 12-21-2004, 12:35 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see plenty of comments online from people successfully using it, and haven't found anything from people complaining about discs not working, so it sounds like you might just have a fluke and get two blanks in a row... I'd suggest you try out the CD on one or two friends' computers (who have CD-burning drives), though, to be sure it's not just your drive being odd. If it works on theirs, try making a copy of it to a good CD-R (and be sure it gets fully finalized, of course), and maybe you'd be able to read that on your computer.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Liteon DVD CD-ROM burner. Apparently the program on that disk isn't getting read, because I've tried it on another computer and it reads just fine. I'm going over to a friend's house and will install the program on his computer and download the updates that way.

Quick Reply: AutoXray scanner owners!