Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

What the hell do i need.....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the hell do i need.....?

Alrite guys, im in a tight spot, heres my issue......My buddy has his 98 eclipse over here at my house and we are swapping his turbos out....Got every nutt and bolt out to remove it except 1 ....Now I know its not a ls1, but im trying to remove the oil in feed line that sit on top of the turbo, problem is there is NOOO room for a box end rench and it has a stainless line going threw the middle if it, so getting a socket on there is a no go....is there a special tool/socket that will slide over the line and grip the nutt, or am i jus an idiot and not seeing the obvious....was told to HACK a socket and cutt it down the side to wrap around the line, but still not seeing it happen....Let me know what you think...
Old 07-19-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you use a crowfoot? You use a rachet with an extension with it. Most took companies make them. Snapon was just easy for the picture. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/48900/48832.JPG
Old 07-19-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen actuall mechanics hack up sockets to do certian jobs. just pick one up from ace or an individual one from sears or what have you, and chop it up so you dont ruin your set.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, that crows foot actually looks like what ill need....
Old 07-21-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Or, hack up your craftsman then take it back saying "I broke it" they will take anything back I think. Didn't you guys see that AMerican Hotrod show where BlueBear heated and bent that open end for the Mustang then took it back and got a new one?

Quick Reply: What the hell do i need.....?