Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

is this a good starter set?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this a good starter set?

and yes guys i did research. ive managed to save about 250 and i need to buy a good starter set. the school offers 50% off on all snap on stuff but there basic starter set is about 50 times more than i can afford. so basically i figure ill get this starter set, http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...nics+Tool+Sets
, and buy my other tool like air ratchets, etc from snap on when i can afford it. please let me know what u guys think though. thanks
Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have that set and I like it so far...a few more of the big metric sockets would be nice but you can always buy that seperate. Im no mechanic, just workin on my car, but it works for what i need it for.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:49 AM
Teching In

You will need alot more tools than that. I bought the snap-on starter kit and financed through them and it ended up being $120 a month for 4 yrs. that also includes the snap-on tool box I got. That is one hell of a deal that I wouldn't pass up if I was you especially if you plan on wrenching for a long time.

My kit came with sockets, ratchets, wrenches, torque wrench, picks, pliers, multimeter, test light and alot of other miscellaneous things
Old 08-31-2005, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

I have the same set. I found I had to buy alot more specialty tools.