Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Engine lift 5.3 vortec

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine lift 5.3 vortec

I am a newbie to this forum so forgive me if this question is in the wrong forum but here goes.(I am putting this motor in a 1971 swb chevy c-10 so I will be needing a lot of pointers). I just recieved my engine today . It is a complete ready to run 04 chevy 5.3 vortec. It is still on the pallet. I cannot find a safe place to make the lift without tearing something up . I need help. What can I hook to on the motor to lift without breaking something . I cannot see any place available.

Last edited by gunsandmotors; 09-26-2005 at 10:54 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 09-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

It should have some lifting hooks, or places for them. I don't know if all the accessories, brackets etc. are on the engine or what. You can always take some chain and attach to the engine with a couple of bolts. Exhaust bolts usually work, one on one side in front and one on the other side in the rear. If you don't have a regular engine hoist with the balance/spreader bar (what ever its called), then you can use some pipe as a spreader to keep the chain from hitting any part of the engine.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:39 AM
TECH Regular

I took my vette LS1 out with two flat pices of steel with two holes drilled in them. one hole to the back of the head and other with a link to a chain. then the front of the other head. I did remove the rear bolted heads valve cover just to make sure I didnt hurt it.

Quick Reply: Engine lift 5.3 vortec