Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Sell me your tools!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell me your tools!

Looking for used in good condition tools. Let me know what you got, I could be interested in anything! Especially: Snap On, MAC, Cornwell, Craftsman, Matco.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, being that I work for Snap-On, I get 30% off everything, even if it's on sale. You can find good sets of tools through Snap-On "outlets" when they have them available.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

where would we find these snap-on "outlets"?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000_LS1_Z28
where would we find these snap-on "outlets"?
Yes... please elaborate...
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

They aren't outlet stores...Snap-on sells products that didn't sell directly from them for about half off of the normal price.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blind527
They aren't outlet stores...Snap-on sells products that didn't sell directly from them for about half off of the normal price.
so where/when are these "outlets"? please tell more
Old 05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000_LS1_Z28
so where/when are these "outlets"? please tell more
To be honest, I'm not sure. I think they do it every 4 months, but I can be wrong. The "outlets" are directly from Snap-On, they have tools that are like half off. They are like this because they have damaged packaging, dirty packaging etc. etc. I'll find out tomorrow how it works, and if it's only available to employees or not.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

cool, post back and let us know
Old 10-08-2006, 10:59 AM
...with cheese.

If you can find a student in a school sponsered by snap-on you could get the half-off he's talking about. UTI comes to mind specifically. Find a UTI student, they get 50% through snap-on industrial. Jim Padgett is the Rep for the Orlando/MMI campus.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Snap on box with tools pm me if intrested.... all snap on or Mac and all in exelent condition..

Last edited by CTSmechanic; 10-08-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Armageddon
If you can find a student in a school sponsered by snap-on you could get the half-off he's talking about. UTI comes to mind specifically. Find a UTI student, they get 50% through snap-on industrial. Jim Padgett is the Rep for the Orlando/MMI campus.
Except for the fact that if you read the fine print it states that you can buy one top box and and one bottom box at that discount and only $7500 worth of tools using that discount. That really pissed me off which is why all of my new tools come from SK or Matco, when I get back to my hometown I will still buy tools from my Snap-On dealer but as far as I am concerned the whole thing is a joke, they had a table set-up with the discounted tools on it and that was what you could pick from. Matcos Vo-Tech pricing is good for as long as you are in school and they have no spending limit. My local SK dealer gives us 50% off list on everything for as long as we are in school plus six months.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:52 AM
On The Tree

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think they do it every 4 months, but I can be wrong. The "outlets" are directly from Snap-On, they have tools that are like half off. They are like this because they have damaged packaging, dirty packaging etc. etc. I'll find out tomorrow how it works, and if it's only available to employees or not.
It's called the Snap-on garage sale. They have it about twice a year (it might be going on right now since I know they have one in the fall), it consists of items they either have an overstock of or have discontinued and want to get rid of the stock. It is available only to employees. I bought one of my top chest through it, you can get good deals, but have to pay in full right then, whereas as an employee you can normally have a payment of a minimum 12.50 taken out of your check each week, interest free.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shamrock98TA
It's called the Snap-on garage sale. They have it about twice a year (it might be going on right now since I know they have one in the fall), it consists of items they either have an overstock of or have discontinued and want to get rid of the stock. It is available only to employees. I bought one of my top chest through it, you can get good deals, but have to pay in full right then, whereas as an employee you can normally have a payment of a minimum 12.50 taken out of your check each week, interest free.
Your Elizabethon plant gives us hell in the receiving dock!!!!!! We get **** loads of shipments that are messed up from them, and Robosonia. Meh, what can ya do.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pittstatejc
Except for the fact that if you read the fine print it states that you can buy one top box and and one bottom box at that discount and only $7500 worth of tools using that discount. That really pissed me off which is why all of my new tools come from SK or Matco, when I get back to my hometown I will still buy tools from my Snap-On dealer but as far as I am concerned the whole thing is a joke, they had a table set-up with the discounted tools on it and that was what you could pick from. Matcos Vo-Tech pricing is good for as long as you are in school and they have no spending limit. My local SK dealer gives us 50% off list on everything for as long as we are in school plus six months.

Matco has the same spending limit http://www.matcotools.com/Votech/faq_votech.jsp

but 7500 from snap-on and 7500 from matco would be a good amount of tools. defiently enough for a while.

I've never used any matco tools, but was thinking about buying a ratchet to check it out. I don't like the snap-on ratchets
Old 10-13-2006, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Your Elizabethon plant gives us hell in the receiving dock!!!!!! We get **** loads of shipments that are messed up from them, and Robosonia. Meh, what can ya do.
Not MY plant, I left there about a year ago.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

as far as tools go, kobalt that can be bought at lowes is made by snap-on, and when somthing goes wrong you dont have to track down the dealer to get a new one, just go to lowes
Old 10-15-2006, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1998TA__1991RS
as far as tools go, kobalt that can be bought at lowes is made by snap-on, and when somthing goes wrong you dont have to track down the dealer to get a new one, just go to lowes
Kobalt isn't made by Snap-on, I believe they were at one time, but not anymore. Some Blue-Point, Williams, and CAT products are made along side and using the same methods and material as the Snap-on, but that's all.

Quick Reply: Sell me your tools!