Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Harbor freight floor jack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor freight floor jack?

I'm looking at this floor jack as its pretty cheap and meets all of my requirements with the exception of being low. It looks to be steel but the picture also looks kinda cheesy. Anybody use one of these?

I have a '00 WS6 and this looks like it will be long enough to get to the crossmember from the front of the car. Plus it has a foot pedal, not always room to pump a 4ft arm!

Any thoughts?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42820
Old 05-04-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I worked at a tire/mechanic shop when I was younger, we used those same jacks everyday when big duallys came in. the lifts at the shop were not long enough for the rear of the truck . lifted the front with the lift and used the jack in the rear to change the tires out . they are low profile , if you need real lowpro get one of those aluminum jobs harbor frieghts got them too.

ps / the foot pedels the ****
Old 05-04-2006, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

I don't have that exact model, but I do have their standard 2 1/4 ton and it has stood up very well for the last 4 years. Even though they are cheap chinese jacks, the quality seems to be pretty good. I would definitely buy another.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

I have that jack and it works great, I like the ratio of how it lifts. Kind of heavy to push down on but lifts the car no problem and they are very light.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

we've been using one just like that, it's an deffinate over kill, we also have the racing jack from there, it works great, 60 bucks, a lot smaller than the other jack, but it's easier to roll around the shop and has always worked for what we use it for

Quick Reply: Harbor freight floor jack?