Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

HB Paint Sprayers

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB Paint Sprayers

Not auto related but still tool related.

We're redoing out doors and new trim in the house. I feel spraying those parts is way easier before they are installed versus hand painting them.

Anyone have any experience with the cheap HB sprayers?

Only be used on pine trim and doors.

I was looking at this one http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93305

thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

I did a good amount of painting around the house this summer and used an electric style airless sprayer. I considered a Binks similar to the one above but it's not really good for big open areas because of the 2qt pressure pot, but would be great for doors and stuff like that though. However, I don't think it would be worth using it for trim unless it hasn't been put on or in the house yet. By the time your done dealing with prep, wasted paint, and cleaning, it's really not worth it for small projects IMO. The finish is nicer though so I guess it's kind of a toss up.

As for that gun itself, it looks like it's going to be an air hog. You'll need a good sized compressor. Also, it doesn't list the tip size, you'll probrably need a 1.7-2.2 for most household paints. If this is something that you think you'll use alot and you don't have a big 220v compressor, I would consider this http://www.spraygunworld.com/product...0-%202PG8S.htm . But for $40, I suppose the HF is worth a try, some of their cheap gravity feed guns spray pretty decent.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is “HB?”

For an HVLP to be HVLP I believe that it has to be either gravity feed or vacuum, it can’t have a pressurized pot, and those remote pot guns only work well with a pressurized pot.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Silverback
What is “HB?”
I think he meant HF, for Harbor Freight.

Quick Reply: HB Paint Sprayers