Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Ingersoll-Rand Impact Sockets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ingersoll-Rand Impact Sockets?

Anyone here using these? Are they good or junk? There sets seem like good deals, almost to good. I've had good luck with all IR tools so I don't think they would sell junk, but you never know these days.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldnt hesitate to buy one, I would say better than blue point or snap on, in my opinion. If you use it often I would recomend their titainium series.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss
I wouldnt hesitate to buy one, I would say better than blue point or snap on, in my opinion. If you use it often I would recomend their titainium series.
I think he was talking sockets, not impact tools.

Interestingly enough, MAC impacts are made by IR, they are just disguised to say MAC on the body. Matco also sells IR guns on their website. If you are looking for one though go to Lowe's and get their 231 impact, its like 110 bucks, I realized this the day after I paid 300 for my Snap-On.

I would think you should be ok as long as they have a lifetime warranty. It really doesn't matter what brand you buy, impact sockets will break. If you have a NAPA store close by go there and check out their sockets. I spent $450 and got shallow and deep, metric and standard sockets. They have lasted and have a lifetime warranty.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe I'll give them a shot, I'm just using them as a second set. I never thought of checking out the Napa impact sockets though, I always go there when I need a tool fast too.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

I use the impact sockets from Harbor Freight, and they have been just fine. The IRs are made in Taiwan (IIRC), possibly in the same factory as the HF ones. Just some food for thought...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

I was on the IR site last night. IR just replaced their whole Impact socket line up with a new series that's suposed to be better. I'm going to wait for some more info to come out on them. They do have a lifetime warrenty and you can still get a 13 peice deep set for under $60 at maxtool.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Teching In

I don't want to hate on harbor frieght but when they offer a lifetime warranty what do you have to do to get the tool replaced. The one in my area doesn't sell much individual stuff, like sears does, so does anyone know what their replacement procedure is. That all said I have never broken any harbor frieght tools either.

Quick Reply: Ingersoll-Rand Impact Sockets?