Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Snap-on Vs Craftsman

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked with a guy who told me he was shown a video clip made by Snap on where they took a Matco box and put it in a car crusher. They proceded to crush the box and then put an equal Snap on box in there. Just as it was about to make contact with the box they stopped it, laughed and said something like "yea it would crush just as easy, we just thought it would be fun to crush one of those boxes". Wish I could find this clip as I bet it's funny as hell.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Craftsman Hand Down. I Live .5 Miles from a Sears. If they Snap I could Walk to Replace them For FREE !!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie 1
Craftsman Hand Down. I Live .5 Miles from a Sears. If they Snap I could Walk to Replace them For FREE !!
For occaional home use only, yeah. For professional use
Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
That's bs, you don't have to buy it from them in order to warranty it. I had a Snap-on wrench that was 20 years old, I bent it purpusly and got a new one from my snap on guy. The warranty states that it warranties tools damaged due to proper use, abuse, or missuse.
The snap on guy wouldnt warranty a snap on tool that one of my co workers had but didnt buy from him. I think its BS that the Snap on guy gave him a hard time about replacing or repairing the tool under warranty.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Snap on
Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle313
The snap on guy wouldnt warranty a snap on tool that one of my co workers had but didnt buy from him. I think its BS that the Snap on guy gave him a hard time about replacing or repairing the tool under warranty.
If you call the corprate number and tell them that _______ didnt warranty my tool, They will get in some kind of truble because it's part of their contract.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Im a automotive technician and buy nothing but snap on, some of the other guys buy craftsman and i personally like the structure of snap on vs craftsman.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bird-Of-Prey
I worked with a guy who told me he was shown a video clip made by Snap on where they took a Matco box and put it in a car crusher. They proceded to crush the box and then put an equal Snap on box in there. Just as it was about to make contact with the box they stopped it, laughed and said something like "yea it would crush just as easy, we just thought it would be fun to crush one of those boxes". Wish I could find this clip as I bet it's funny as hell.
There is also a video that matco shows, where they do the same to a snap on box. Guess who showed it to me? every dealer is going to try to get your business even if it mean showing videos like that.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe I had it backward and that's the one. I've never personaly seen it but thought it was a very good marketing concept done with humor.

Quick Reply: Snap-on Vs Craftsman