Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Attention Interlocking Garage tile owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:38 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention Interlocking Garage tile owners

I just ordered 90 MotoFloor (Rebranded RaceDeck) plastic interlocking garage floor tiles. At work we have the Mastercraft version and I decided to try it out. It was fairly easy to LOCK together but found it VERY VERY Difficult to remove. In fact the stress of tilting and TRYING to figure out how to unlock it caused the female rings to lighten up (close to a stress fracture).

I contacted RaceDeck and they said THEIR brand comes with instructions on only how to install but not really how to remove. They said it was fairly easy to remove but I tried everything to unlock the MASTERCRAFT brand and all I got was VERY sore finger tips after trying to unlock 1 tile!

The lady who I talked to on LiveChat on the RaceDeck site said she uses a bar or something to pry the locks open.. Do I seriously have to pry open 768 male clips (96 tiles with 4 clips per 2 sides) individually??

What is the EASIEST way you found to remove them without the risk of breaking or stressing the female rings?

With the MASTERCRAFT brand, the moment you tried to remove the 1 clip, it caused the female ring to stress. I can't see stressing it very much (few times) before it would just snap.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Attention Interlocking Garage tile owners