Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Kwiklift help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kwiklift help.

Installation issue

Kinda silly. But it seems I have 3 of the straight metal rods, where the pics show I am supposed to have 2 hinged/bent rods and one straight swivel type.

I guess I am at a loss for how the swivel rod is supposed to attach to the front leg/jack pipe area. Not to mention I have about a 6 inch long by about 4 inch diameter little white tube/pipe that I cant seem to figure out either and no pic or parts list mentions it

Also curious as to what length you guys set yours to? I am thinking about just doing it the middle length.

As for laying it down flat and parking on it, did you guys really have to make those wood additions for it?

thanks This is what I get for starting on it this late at night haha.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Default k lift

hi 2 long rods for the front of ramps to hinge on towers, sm rod i think is to turn the rear large hump pipe that ties the ramps together for lifting,sm wht one a comfort handle i think, and i leave mine on all the time and jusst drive up the ramps and leave it there, up-hill like ?/
Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks. Yea checking the two rods they have 2 sets of holes for the pins, the one that is the pipe handle I assume, had one set.. but didnt come with any pins

As for leaving and parking the car while its up at the slanted angle. I guess I just didnt want to put any addedd pressure on the parking brake, not to mention getting into and out of it everyday like that might suck.

I just wasnt sure if it would perform just fine laying it down, or due to the pipe slots it tilts enough to where I will have to do the makeshift wood work for the supports it suggest in the instructions. Then again the instructions show updted last in 2003, and wasnt sure if they changed it any. Chuckles.. again its the weekend and I really didnt wanna bug Danny on labor day weekend