Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

What can I do to upgrade my brakes on a 99 Trans Am.. I believe its factory size rotors and callipers and everything now just upgraded to the Power Stop Drilled/Slotted roters and good pads from Summit Racing... Really not very good stopping quality in my opinion.. Thank you Hope there are some suggestions out there for me!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Bleed your brakes, starting from the wheel farthest from the master, ie rear passenger side, then rear driver, then front pass, then front driver side. I bet it makes a big difference. Unless you already did that.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Havent done that but didnt really think that was the issue.. Someone told me bleed and drain all old dirty fluid and replace with new and that would make a difference but I didnt wanna spend the time.. Maybe ill do that when the weather breaks here and its warmer... Thank you
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

It really doesn't take long at all. Maybe 20 minutes. Get a turkey baster or syringe of some sort and suck all the old fluid out of the reservoir, then fill it with new fluid and start bleeding, adding fluid as you go. It helped a lot on all my cars after I bought them. Gets rid of spongy and/or weak pedal feel and they feel just overall better.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I have a buddy coming over tonight and I think were going to bleed the complete system.. Prob I ran into is one of my bleeder valve screws is broke off, what option do I have around that to bleed that wheel..??? Should I just bleed it through the line..??? Thanks

Quick Reply: Brakes