User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

this site is a joke

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down this site is a joke

i have never seen a site where u have to post 50 treads in order to sell something, thats a joke its not going to stop any scammer, wake up!!! welcome to the real world, wait lets try this from now on a teen who is 16 has to seat on a st coner and watch cars drive by for 6 months b4 he can drive, i mean come on that has to be a safe way to know that they can drive and not wreck right. mayb ebay should do this 2. u cant sell anything on ebay till u have been a member for 6 months or buy 50 things then u can weed out all the scamers. ya that will work, wait mayb i will just talk sh-t about this site 49 more times then i can sell something. so heres a question can u buy something b4 u have been a member for 6 months, humm with the way this site is run not likely. these guys running this need to get a clue and a life instead of sitting in front of a comp all day trying to play wanna b gods cause they have the power when there on a comp, i bet they were the nerds in school with no g/f's, no friends and this is there way at getting back at the kids that had a life, ya for the chess club, go nerds that might get me back in good with them,hell if this last an hr b4 a wanna b god deletes it i will b shocked
Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

IF you dont like the rules you are welcome to leave.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is not meant to stop scammers it is meant to stop spammers who jump forum to forum and use it primarily for sales and nothing else. It would be like me having a yard sale in your yard and taking all the profit.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Banned

ok i can understand the spammer part but is that not what they have Moderators for to kick out the people doing wrong, hell all u guys could be missing out on a great deal on some part i have 4 sale that u really need, so not only is a new member getting screwed cause he cant sell a good deal but u guys that have been here for a while get screwed as well, so we are not just getting screwed by are govt but now a free forum too
Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

well you can always make us that great deal in 50 posts. eagerness to sell on an internet forum can come across as shadey BTW. Not saying you are, but might keep that in mind.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:19 AM
On The Tree

Rules are rules....follow them or leave!
Old 01-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Banned

i bet if i give ls1tech.com lots of money i can say and sell what ever i want on here,and if u do notice the sponsors here r not known much for giving u GREAT deals on there products, don't get me wrong some are really good products but if the site is going to have that kinda attitude it should b renamed ls1techwhereitsallaboutthemoney.com that way newbies at lest now the site is all about greed and not as much about cars
Old 01-24-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

look at it this way...

Keep bitching about ls1tech.com and you'll achieve 50 posts in no time flat!! haha
Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody is upset because they can't come and use a privately owned web-based bulletin board to peddle their own wares until they simply meet the requirements of the boards owners?

The nerve of those board owners, with their stinking rules and stuff.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Launching!

if you took a few moments to look through some of the threads that are posted DAILY on here, you would see that your comments on being greedy are a little too far fetched. some of these sponsors go to great lengths to ensure good service, and there are those that don't. say someone rips another person off, they get negative feedback, nobody buys from that person (scammer). the scammer then decides to re-register with the site, act harmless, and sell some more. see the pattern?

it at least makes it a PITA for someone to start scamming, and even then word gets passed pretty darn quick here. great deals come and go, all the time, from all sections. all of your statements are pretty bold considering this is a car forum, not a computer gaming forum.

if you want to bash the forum, do so at your own will. just remember, you aren't going to hurt anyone's feelings here, because there's plenty of people here that enjoy the site and visit it frequently, and will continue to do so regardless of some name calling and complaining.

/rant
Old 01-24-2009, 05:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the people that want to use the site but dont want to add anything beneficial to keep the site going.If everybody was like you,there wouldnt be any site to sell parts on.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:55 AM
TECH Regular

your a joke this site is one of the most lsx info filled places on the net
Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

your not the brightest....rules are rules, and they make plenty of sense to the loyal tech members. Why dont you not join a forum with the sole intention of selling things? Go back to your WoW and SRT forums.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thez2beat
i have never seen a site where u have to post 50 treads in order to sell something, thats a joke its not going to stop any scammer, wake up!!! welcome to the real world, wait lets try this from now on a teen who is 16 has to seat on a st coner and watch cars drive by for 6 months b4 he can drive, i mean come on that has to be a safe way to know that they can drive and not wreck right. mayb ebay should do this 2. u cant sell anything on ebay till u have been a member for 6 months or buy 50 things then u can weed out all the scamers. ya that will work, wait mayb i will just talk sh-t about this site 49 more times then i can sell something. so heres a question can u buy something b4 u have been a member for 6 months, humm with the way this site is run not likely. these guys running this need to get a clue and a life instead of sitting in front of a comp all day trying to play wanna b gods cause they have the power when there on a comp, i bet they were the nerds in school with no g/f's, no friends and this is there way at getting back at the kids that had a life, ya for the chess club, go nerds that might get me back in good with them,hell if this last an hr b4 a wanna b god deletes it i will b shocked

you're wrong, eBay won't let you sell until you get 10 feedback from buying.

you fail at life.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Launching!

all im hearing is WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA
Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Teching In

I use the site for all of the senior tech.advice and suggestions , when i bought my car this site was awsome for the help I needed. Who cares if you cant sell a part here until you been here for months or x amount of posts, thats why they make the news papers and craigslist
Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not the responsibility of LS1Tech to monitor every single transaction between members. They need to be adults about their business transactions and be smart about things. We aren't here to police that type of activity and we spell that out clearly.
Quote from an administrator, so have at it. This was made in reply to my concern with a new member scanning the parts wanted, offering people parts he had for sale to what seemed like everyone who needed something. This guy sure had a lot of **** for sale, had 5 posts and a few days on the board.
So there ya go, theres your loophole.
And in case you hadn't noticed this isn't the only place to sell parts. Try somewhere else. Pushing your used crap for sale so hard already tells me it's best not to buy from you.
Post up some tech help, there are plenty of questions, show people what you know about these parts you'll be selling.

Something tells me they're LT1 parts, no idea
Old 01-24-2009, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

ok i can understand the spammer part but is that not what they have Moderators for to kick out the people doing wrong, hell all u guys could be missing out on a great deal on some part i have 4 sale that u really need, so not only is a new member getting screwed cause he cant sell a good deal but u guys that have been here for a while get screwed as well, so we are not just getting screwed by are govt but now a free forum too

or we could be getting screwed out of are money.this rule weeds out alot of the scammers.this rule does a pretty good job of protecting you and the buyer.contribute to the site,get your 50 posts and then sell all the parts you want.its real easy.just remember nobody is making you stay here.if ya dont like the rules feel free to leave.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

He must drive a ford.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if the site is going to have that kinda attitude it should b renamed ls1techwhereitsallaboutthemoney.com that way newbies at lest now the site is all about greed and not as much about cars
There are 69 automotive tech/car sections and only 6 classified sections.

so not only is a new member getting screwed cause he cant sell a good deal but u guys that have been here for a while get screwed as well, so we are not just getting screwed by are govt but now a free forum too
Cheese goes good with that whine.

so heres a question can u buy something b4 u have been a member for 6 months
Of course you can buy stuff, there's no rule against that. I would suggest you invest in a whamburger and some french cries. If this offends you and you get even more butt-hurt I'll call you a wambulance.

Quick Reply: this site is a joke