User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't post a link to a video in my thread??!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Can't post a link to a video in my thread??!

I've been trying to make a thread in the Multimedia section without luck. When I post just the direct link itself to a Photobucket video (not embedded), it automatically tries to embed a video but only shows one video and also removes a bunch of the other text in the post. WTF?! I've never seen this happen before. To demonstrate, the code is below and includes two separate direct links to two videos and also a bunch of text, some of which seems to get automatically removed (but still shows up if I click the Edit button).

--------------------------------

Last week I installed a 3" QTP electric cutout and finally took some video today of it closed versus open. The videos don't really do the volume of the car justice but you'll get the idea of the sound difference. With the cutout open, it sounds like it should be on a Nascar track, not the street.

POWER MODS:
Patriot 243 heads, 224/228 581/588 113 LSA cam, Pacesetter LTs and ORY, (cutout on straight pipe), Magnaflow catback, SLP Flopac, P/P TB, stock LS6 intake

CUTOUT CLOSED:
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...toutClosed.flv

CUTOUT OPEN:
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...CutoutOpen.flv

POWER GAIN:
I had it retuned for the cutout open after the install and it picked up 8rwhp peak and 13rwtq peak, but anywhere from 5-20 rwtq over the entire curve.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

As you can see above, only one of the videos displays and the link for the other one doesn't even display. Just thought this was very strange. You guys working on something involving embedding videos?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Nothin?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Little help?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not just make the thread 2 post put the 1st video in then just quick reply and post the second? mainly cause i want to hear the cut out open!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DCsLS1
why not just make the thread 2 post put the 1st video in then just quick reply and post the second? mainly cause i want to hear the cut out open!!!
Haha, I can do that, but that's not the principle of the matter! I'm just curious as to why it doesn't work how I imagine it's supposed to. Maybe there's like a one video per post limit or something I just don't know about or maybe it's a glitch that needs to be looked into. Figured I'd post in this forum about it in case it is.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed this on another board. 2 out of 3 of my videos would embed, but the other one would just show up as a link. I never could figure it out.

I was using YouTube though.

Quick Reply: Can't post a link to a video in my thread??!