User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Cant post classifieds thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cant post classifieds thread

ive been on here for a few months and have over 50 posts and i still cant post in the classifieds can a a moderator please lift my limitations. thank you
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

I'm having the same problem. I just want an opportunity to get on some of the good deals. I know I haven't been a member that long either but have been a member of LS1.com for a long time. What's up with me not being able to post on the classified thread?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Teching In

same issue here, wanted to get in on some door panels and cant post?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

dik we need an administrator, im sure they have the power to lift the restrictons, i need help buying and selling some parts
Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

just PM the people you want to buy parts from. that's what i did until i met the requirements.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:56 AM
11 Second Club

2 of you have just recently joined, so i doubt you will be granted the opportunity just yet. i know if it were me buying from either of you, id be a little hesitant, by looking at your activity on this site. nothing personal, thats just how it goes.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

For the new guys (under 50 posts or less than 6mo here):

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
...for the other members, just PM me and I'll get you fixed up.

~ Craig
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Teching In

I stopped posting because my post count wasnt moving. I did an intro thread and chatted there and it stayed at 0, I have legit parts to sell and buy from other members and understand the restrictions. I can't get to 50 if it wont count the posts I make.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

posts in certain sections don't count. try posting in a tech section and see if it goes up.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

There actually is a problem with posting to classifieds right now. You can't fill out the make and model of the REQUIRED information, therefore it won't allow me to post to Vehicle classifieds. I've been a member for longer than 6 months and i have more than 50 posts. Unless this issue is only affecting me i think we need a moderator.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

I was having this problem but I guess I don't meet the requirements. I'll just have to get up to 50.

The thing that got me was I saw some people with less post count than me posting, and one of them joined just this month...
Old 02-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Banned

50 posts is the rule but I don't think its instant. It takes awhile to update your status.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

its letting me post now

Quick Reply: Cant post classifieds thread