User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Problems with ls1tech mobile

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with ls1tech mobile

I bought a samsung rogue specifically for work because I can get vcast and watch tv during downtime. Anyway, when I go to tech I have to use the special google formatted version of tech so I can view it on my phone. Only problem with that is that it is not possible to log in using this version. The words are there, just no link to click on and log in. If I try to use the desktop version of tech I can get on approx 15 seconds and I get kicked off and booted back to the page I was previously viewing no matter what I do. It just does it automatically. It does it also when I try to use the mobile version of tech I use to use on my old motorola q9c. I just get booted off. Its really irritating. Is there anything I can do? This "formatted for mobile viewing by google" is BS. Is there something I can disable on the phone to allow me to use a version that will at least let me log in? Pisses me off cause I can get a few seconds using either version but get kicked off instantly.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure what the "formatted for mobile viewing by google" is. Is it the LS1Tech mobile skin that you select in the very lower left corner of every page?

I'm not going to be able to help much as I don't have a mobile Internet device...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

This is something that Google appears to be doing. It attempts to transcode the webpage for mobile viewing. I would think this needs to be turned off in the device's settings, but I'm currently not familiar with it. I also believe there is an option for LS1Tech to opt out of this by adding a code to the header.

For reference, this is what it looks like when Google tries to transcode the webpage:

Notice there is no login (user name and password) input box to allow typing in your user name and password.

Attached Thumbnails Problems with ls1tech mobile-formattedbygooglels1tech.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^^^^Thats exactly what it is. Is there anyway around this? It wont let me use the regular mobile version, only this google version

Quick Reply: Problems with ls1tech mobile