User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm unable to post in classifieds???

just wondering how long i need to be a member to post in the classifieds?
thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It's recommended that you read all Announcements and Stickies as they contain important and frequently asked questions:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Banned

Default Unable to post in the classifieds, please help!

I haven't loggged in to my account on here for a while since I moved and lost the internet. I jumped on a friends computer today to post a classifieds thread and I am unable to? I have been posting in the classifieds for a while with no problems but now it is not working. If a mod could please help or PM me I would appreciate it!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:26 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
I haven't loggged in to my account on here for a while since I moved and lost the internet. I jumped on a friends computer today to post a classifieds thread and I am unable to? I have been posting in the classifieds for a while with no problems but now it is not working. If a mod could please help or PM me I would appreciate it!
Looks like your post count may have been reset. This would have been done by an admin, and is usually the case when it appears that someone is trying to build post count quickly to gain classifieds access.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Default how many post?

like title says how many post/months are needed to sale some cool items Im trying to get rid of?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Per classified rules posted, 50.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Banned

Default Why can't I post in the classifieds?

So my post count is 53 and I am unable to post in the classifieds. I have 7 positive trader feedbacks, and just a while back my posts were also reset for some reason. I obviously have no problems with nothing but positive trades, and my post count is back up to 53 legitimate posts. I've been on here since September.

Why can't I post in the classifieds? Please help
Old 12-28-2011, 02:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Make sure to read the Announcements and Sticky threads as they contain frequently asked information:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
I bold the part relevant for you. The system is based a cron job that runs on a schedule.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Banned

Ahh I'm sorry I didn't know that. I knew you needed 50 posts or 6 months. Thank you for educating me It's working now by the way.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Banned

Default 50 post count / 6 months = Retarded

I've been a user since september, I own an older camaro and am a frequent member on TGO. I often come here to browse the market on some newer parts I need for my camaro, not participate in the community. Not everyone on the internet has enough time to be active in the millions of forums online these days.

Point being, sure it sounds like a good idea to "deter" people from screwing one another other, but as a member currently I can view the classifieds section.

While I understand you are trying to combat the crooks/spammers, the only thing you guys are doing is building barriers between communities and new LEGITIMATE members. Let paypal and the buyers/sellers fight their own battles.

I'm so frustrated because as a new member I'm being treated as a crook before I've even done anything, and with the policies enacted, it's like I have to pay a debt to you guys with my time because you fail to adequately find a reasonable way to verify your members.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:52 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

We've already discussed this before. These are the rules and they will stay that way.

Originally Posted by RyanEricW
...you fail to adequately find a reasonable way to verify your members.

...are we supposed to "verify" each and every single member? How? SSN#, DL#, credit score? No sir.

~ Craig
Old 02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Default classified ads

I am new on here why can't I place parts for sell in the classifieds
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Default i can not reply in the sales department. why??

i can not reply in the sales department. why??
Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...ml#post6882681

There ya go..
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there any way I can get access to F/S without 50 posts?

I really dont want to clutter the forum with useless posts. I don't know much about these cars, I just need parts for my swap I'm doing into a different car.

Therefor I think if I'm posting in peoples build threads saying stuff like "good progress man," it's just a waste of a post, since I'd only be saying that to get 50 posts.

I've been on the forums for a while just waiting for 6 months so I could post in the F/S section, but I really just want to get this swap done..

I am legit, and have trader rating on different forums and 500+ posts there...

Is there any way I can get the privilege?

Here's my trader rating on a different forum..

http://zilvia.net/f/traderratings.html?u=95659
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Good progress man! oh wait...

You can PM potential sellers and inquire about the items and go from there. But good luck with your 240!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not with the "oh wait..." lol.

I know I can do that and it's what I've been doing, but I'd like to also be able to post in WTB, etc. Ya know.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default classified posting help.

how come I can't post in the classified section? is there a required post count to post there?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Default I have 50 posts and still cant post in the marketplace?

I've been here for 5 months now and have 50 posts that I have accumulated over those 5 months, and I still can't post in the marketplace? Any reason why?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Nevermind, it works now. Mods please delete this thread, my apologies

Quick Reply: Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!