User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Uploading Video Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010 | 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Default Uploading Video Problems

I have tried a couple times to upload a video to one of my threads and get an error.

When I try to upload from my computer it says a security token is missing & when I try to upload from a URL it says the file is not valid.

I could do a link but would like the video to show-up in the post.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Bill
Old 05-16-2010 | 01:28 AM
15 Year Member

You cannot use the Attachment manager to upload a video file as the format is not accepted. In addition, I'm sure the file size of the video will exceed the allowed space for an attachment. The security token error probably resulted in the upload taking too long to upload because the file size was that large - which generally videos are.

You're best option is to host it on a site, such as YouTube, and then link it. You can still link it inside the post despite it will be hosted by YouTube.
Old 05-17-2010 | 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JeremyT
You cannot use the Attachment manager to upload a video file as the format is not accepted. In addition, I'm sure the file size of the video will exceed the allowed space for an attachment. The security token error probably resulted in the upload taking too long to upload because the file size was that large - which generally videos are.

You're best option is to host it on a site, such as YouTube, and then link it. You can still link it inside the post despite it will be hosted by YouTube.
Thanks, I am all set, it worked.

Quick Reply: Uploading Video Problems