User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Banned IP address?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Banned IP address?????

I joined this site about a week or two ago, but have been a long time lurker before I got my T/A (by the way thanks to this site). Anyways, sometimes when I try to get on here. I get a message that says. "Sorry, the administrator has banned your IP address". I can wait a few hours or a day, and I can get back on without issue. Couple days later it will do it again. I know I didn't do anything wrong so I am just wondering what I have to do to get this problem resolved. I love the website, and owe finding and buying my T/A to it.

thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2010 | 06:37 PM
15 Year Member

I can see how you access LS1Tech with your above post, but what method/provider do you use when you access LS1Tech and receive the IP ban notice? Or is it the same provider you used to post your above message?

Next time you receive the IP ban notice, do the following:
1) Click on Start
2) Click on Run
3) Type in Command
4) Type in ipconfig
5) Record the IP address

Give the IP address to an Administrator, such as Crager. If you're behind a router, the above won't work and you'll need to further describe your setup.
Old 07-06-2010 | 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heh. Back when I was an admin here I built a huge list of banned IP addresses to minimize spam. So it's entirely possible that list is still intact.

Go here:

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

Write down the IP address it tells you you're at, and PM one of the admins (guys in red on the main page) and see if they can remove it.
Old 07-09-2010 | 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright sounds good and thanks.