User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

sometimes......smilies, [B], [U], [I].......don't work.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default sometimes......smilies, [B], [U], [I].......don't work.......

Wazzup wit dat..............

and please don't say clear my cookies...........

Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you provide an example and provide more description of the issue? Are you saying that the smilies don't work - in the sense when you click on one, it doesn't insert into the message? Or that the smilies don't appear in a message despite the appropriate tag is present?

If the former, it suggests you don't have javascript enabled, or that you're blocking (or your ISP cannot reach) ibsrv.net as that is where the script is served from. If that domain is blocked, or your ISP cannot reach it, some functions of the forum won't operate properly. The scripts that insert the smilies, as well as other tags via the editor, won't work if that script doesn't load.

Originally Posted by LS6427
Wazzup wit dat..............

and please don't say clear my cookies...........

Old 09-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JeremyT
Can you provide an example and provide more description of the issue? Are you saying that the smilies don't work - in the sense when you click on one, it doesn't insert into the message? Or that the smilies don't appear in a message despite the appropriate tag is present?

If the former, it suggests you don't have javascript enabled, or that you're blocking (or your ISP cannot reach) ibsrv.net as that is where the script is served from. If that domain is blocked, or your ISP cannot reach it, some functions of the forum won't operate properly. The scripts that insert the smilies, as well as other tags via the editor, won't work if that script doesn't load.
Sometimes when I click on a smilie absolutely nothing happens. It does not send anything into the body of the message, its just like clicking a smilie and they are completely turned off. Same thing with the BOLD, UNDERLINE and ITALICS. Nothing at all happens when I click on them.

But....every now and then they all work ok. Right now.... Its working.

Yesterday, all day, it would not. My computer has been turned on all week straight and I haven;t changed, added or deleted anything from this computer.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:s ack::sac k: :s ack:

Something like ^that^ is the only time I've seen smilies not work.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 AM

That's almost certainly a browser issue or your ISP/network could not connect to ibsrv.net - which is where the javascript is hosted to power the functions you describe as not working. ibsrv.net is owned by the parent company that owns LS1Tech, so it's a legit domain. Make sure you don't have any software or security policy that is blocking that domain.

It simply could have been a browser issue. While LS1Tech, via ibsrv.net, provides the javascript for those functions, it's your browser that does the actual work with the instructions provided from the javascript.

Sometimes when I click on a smilie absolutely nothing happens. It does not send anything into the body of the message, its just like clicking a smilie and they are completely turned off. Same thing with the BOLD, UNDERLINE and ITALICS. Nothing at all happens when I click on them.

But....every now and then they all work ok. Right now.... Its working.

Yesterday, all day, it would not. My computer has been turned on all week straight and I haven;t changed, added or deleted anything from this computer.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JeremyT
That's almost certainly a browser issue or your ISP/network could not connect to ibsrv.net - which is where the javascript is hosted to power the functions you describe as not working. ibsrv.net is owned by the parent company that owns LS1Tech, so it's a legit domain. Make sure you don't have any software or security policy that is blocking that domain.

It simply could have been a browser issue. While LS1Tech, via ibsrv.net, provides the javascript for those functions, it's your browser that does the actual work with the instructions provided from the javascript.
wow....ok.

I think it really is time for a new computer.........

Thanks.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:38 AM

I would first try Firefox. If already using Firefox, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If you're using IE and insist on IE, try updating IE or reinstalling.

It's either a browser issue, or a network issue where your network/ISP cannot reach ibsrv.net at times. Or you have some security policy that may be blocking that domain.

Definitely don't need a new computer for such an issue.
wow....ok.

I think it really is time for a new computer.........

Thanks.

Quick Reply: sometimes......smilies, [B], [U], [I].......don't work.......