User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Trouble with Firefox + Adblock...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Trouble with Firefox + Adblock...

Found my problem, but not a solution (yet). On 04/02, my forum "face" changed drastically. Traced the problem to "Adblock Plus", an add-on for Firefox. Everything looks fine with it disabled, but when enabled it looks like the enclosed pic. Besides the absolute fugliness of it, enough key features are missing to make it totally unusable. So, now I have to disable my Adblock every time I logon here. What's up with that ? ? ?
Attached Thumbnails Trouble with Firefox + Adblock...-cap-1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Adblock's recent "Easylist" update basically blacklisted most of IB's stuff. That's why it turned to crap. It did the same to me. I manually whitelisted all of IB's stuff so the forums look normal again.

What I DO NOT like about LS1tech is how the sponsor ad panels on the side must have a rotating/constantly changing web address or something that houses them. I purposely whitelisted ALL of their tiles, because I wanted to see them in case I wanted to buy from one of them, and also to help with support for the site, but then at some point LS1tech changed it so the coding for those tiles kept changing so now unless I update my whitelist every single day the sponsor banners are blocked yet again. And now, the part of the code that is the holder for them is so convoluted I can't even figure out which one is the sponsor tiles. Sigh. Their loss, my loss, everyone loses on that one.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You need to go to your filter and remove ibsrv.net from being blocked if you want the forum to display normally.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I have got confirmation from the adblockplus people that ibsrv.net has been removed from the easylist in the most recent update. Please update your own easylist if you're still experiencing problems with the site.

cheers,
robb

Quick Reply: Trouble with Firefox + Adblock...