User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Attn mods:****SCAM ALERT****

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah this kind of sucks for guys like me that has lurked, finally decided to buy a CTS-v and join in march, Now I'm left with 4 months or 45ish posts before I can see classifieds?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I understand not wanting to get ripped off and all, but this seems a little harsh for the 99% of other members who aren't ripping people off and have low post counts. Hell I already have a trader rating and this is my first post. I was just trying to pm someone in the classifieds to buy a harness that I've been looking for quite a while, but now I have no way of contacting him until 4 months from now. Plus I just sent someone $650 for a cam, valvesprings, and pushrods last night. How am I supposed to communicate with him now since I can't post in the classifieds?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

^^^This. I'd try to get to 50 posts asap.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Yeah thanks TECH a lot for screwing me!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Teching In

I've been a member of another forum for 8 years and I have just over 60 posts. I almost never post unless there's a reason to. So is the rule 50 posts AND 6 months or just one or the other?
Old 05-08-2011, 03:39 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepy_z
^^^This. I'd try to get to 50 posts asap.
That's a quick way to get your post count reset, and possibly banned. We are very specific about that in the rules posted at the top of this section (FAQ sticky).

Originally Posted by bkdamoron
I've been a member of another forum for 8 years and I have just over 60 posts. I almost never post unless there's a reason to. So is the rule 50 posts AND 6 months or just one or the other?
Just one or the other.

All you lurkers should have signed up long ago. You might not like the rule at this moment, but once you meet the requirements this policy will protect YOU as well.

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
Yeah thanks TECH a lot for screwing me!!!!
Our classifieds section is provided as a free earned privilege to contributing members that meet the time/post requirements, it is not a right.

To be clear, here is our policy:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.

Quick Reply: Attn mods:****SCAM ALERT****