Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed. Having same problem...
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why can't I click on page 3 in this thread??? I click on page 3 and it goes back to page 2 over and over. It says that a new poster has posted, post #60 by west texas is the last post I can see.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hell, I just posted and it didn't even take me to the third page, back to page two. LOL WTF
Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I have my settings at 40 posts per page so I only have 2 pages.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I already did that, thats how I read that.. Still doing it though. Only thread its happening to.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
Why can't I click on page 3 in this thread??? I click on page 3 and it goes back to page 2 over and over. It says that a new poster has posted, post #60 by west texas is the last post I can see.
Did you make a post prior to this and then delete it?
I've had that issue happen to me on another site. Basically I make a post, and it's the first post on the next page, then I go and delete that post, and for some reason it kills that entire page from my viewing, lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had this same issue & followed the link in Evan's signature here. In the meantime, upload via Imageshack or something and post that here. Attachments are beat, anyway.

Originally Posted by JUSTINSWS6
That all incription. You most likly have a virus on your computer. you cant fix it put some computer people can.
this must just be a computer issue mine is fine.
I blame jersey mike for posting up nude pics......

And via these three posts, as well as a quick cross-match, I was able to figure out who this is.
...By the way, 120 posts in 8 days of starting this account!? Yikes, dude.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

I can stop being pissed off at my computer now. Thanks to the op for starting this tread. I guess we hold it down in here till the storm passes, subscribed.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Did you make a post prior to this and then delete it?
I've had that issue happen to me on another site. Basically I make a post, and it's the first post on the next page, then I go and delete that post, and for some reason it kills that entire page from my viewing, lol.
No idea.. It started doing it in all my threads. Cleared history and it fixed it.

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
I've had this same issue & followed the link in Evan's signature here. In the meantime, upload via Imageshack or something and post that here. Attachments are beat, anyway.

And via these three posts, as well as a quick cross-match, I was able to figure out who this is.
...By the way, 120 posts in 8 days of starting this account!? Yikes, dude.
Yes, why people attach pics is beyond me.

Who are you thinking that is?

Originally Posted by Hy82e
I can stop being pissed off at my computer now. Thanks to the op for starting this tread. I guess we hold it down in here till the storm passes, subscribed.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

LOL

He will have it for a while sounds like!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:47 PM

I've got a posting up trying to sell my SS and the pictures seem to be uploading fine but the pics when you click on them are doing exactly what you describe. I tried creating a new post and reattaching the pictures and it's acting the same. I also clicked on another person's post with pictures and it's the same response. A co-worker brought the post on his PC and he got the same response as well. It appears that something is going on with the hosting side. Has the proper people been informed of this? Here's the listing so you can see what I am referring to.

Thanks for the attention.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...errerid=214056
Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RedSS99
I've got a posting up trying to sell my SS and the pictures seem to be uploading fine but the pics when you click on them are doing exactly what you describe. I tried creating a new post and reattaching the pictures and it's acting the same. I also clicked on another person's post with pictures and it's the same response. A co-worker brought the post on his PC and he got the same response as well. It appears that something is going on with the hosting side. Has the proper people been informed of this? Here's the listing so you can see what I am referring to.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 PM

What part of the thread are you referring that I read? I deleted my history but that has nothing to do with the problem. Are you referring that I put the pictures up on Facebook and put a link here?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is an ls1tech problem.
JeremyT is working on it and fully aware.

What part of the thread are you referring that I read? I deleted my history but that has nothing to do with the problem. Are you referring that I put the pictures up on Facebook and put a link here?
The entire thing.

I recommend using photobucket.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

i sad
Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM

ok, Thanks lemmons12
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
Yes, why people attach pics is beyond me.
I totally disagree. What happens when someone attaches an important image file from imageshack (or any other free hosting site) and a few years later that image expires? If the image is attached and uploaded directly to LS1Tech it will be here forever!

I use the search feature a lot and I come across some very old threads. Sometimes the images have expired or been removed by the free hosting site. This can be very frustrating! Plus, sometimes the person who originally uploaded the images is no longer active on here.

Whenever I post an image that I think may be helpful to someone else in the future, I usually attach it to LS1Tech AND use imageshack to host it on here.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
What happens when someone attaches an important image file from imageshack (or any other free hosting site) and a few years later that image expires? If the image is attached and uploaded directly to LS1Tech it will be here forever!

I use the search feature a lot and I come across some very old threads. Sometimes the images have expired or been removed by the free hosting site. This can be very frustrating! Plus, sometimes the person who originally uploaded the images is no longer active on here.
You're right, we've all experienced this and it's a very valid point.
On the other hand, you can't always view attachments unless you make an account and are logged in.
Whenever I post an image that I think may be helpful to someone else in the future, I usually attach it to LS1Tech AND use imageshack to host it on here.
Here's the solution for a win-win. Personally, I hate attachments and save all "rare" images I come across and file them away, just in case. But hosting it on Imageshack, or the like, as well as backing it up to the forum (if it's something that's worth it) is the best bet.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 PM

At least i know it wasn't all the **** that messed up my computer....
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if you guys noticed but the attachments are working again! Well for me anyway...

Quick Reply: Attaching pics- problem?