User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Possible to resize pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Possible to resize pictures?

My buddy sent me a bunch of pictures of my car and their too big to upload on imageshack. Their all over 6 MB each and Im lost here.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

There are many photo editing utilities available, some of them free.

The Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/
This program can be quite complex, thus, it can take time to learn how to use. However, it's a powerful program when needing to edit photos.

IrfanView: http://www.irfanview.com/
This program is lightweight and pretty easy to use although it's not as powerful as The Gimp. This program will do your basic editing (setting dimensions, cropping, etc.).

Using IrfanView as an example, which after you download and install it, click on File and Open to locate the image on your computer that you wish to edit. To simply scale the photo down to fit a set pixel dimension, you can click on Image and Resize/Resample. Under the Set New Size, enter the dimension you want the image to be. Make sure Preserve Aspect Ratio is enabled so that the image isn't distorted. With the Preserve Aspect Ratio set, you will only be able to enter a Width or a Height and the system will calculate and fill in the other value to preserve the aspect ratio.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the tips!^ been wondering the samething for a while lol

Quick Reply: Possible to resize pictures?