User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

New interface for adding pics...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Default New interface for adding pics...

.....to posts? I tried to add a pic from the web to a post and couldnt do it. It asks me for a valid image URL?? Before it automatically added the [IMG] thing. Tried adding those manually but it changes back to the same message of invalid URL. I could save the pic to my PC and drag/drop it but seems like a real hassle.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The icon in the WYSIWYG editor no longer simply adds the IMG tag but is now the button to execute the new picture uploading tool featuring drag and drop capability.

The "Paste a picture URL" space wants you to do just that - paste the URL and not manually type the URL. We worked on this to clarify that the script wants you to paste the URL and not type it in as it, in real-time, checks the URL and then grabs the image and uploads it to LS1Tech's servers.

The new picture uploading tool adds a few new features:

1) The ability to simply drag and drop images from your computer to LS1Tech's servers.

2) The ability to easily make comments under each uploaded image and have them ordered in your post instead of having them placed at the bottom of each post as a thumbnail with no caption.

3) The ability to easily reuse a prior attachment for a new post by being able to easily browse your existing uploads.

You can still use the legacy Attachment by using the Manage Attachments button below the message editor and you can still manually type in the opening and closing IMG tags and then insert your URL but, yes, the has changed function. Feedback from members shown that the method to adding pictures to posts was a common complaint and it was using tech that is quite dated.

Originally Posted by chaman
.....to posts? I tried to add a pic from the web to a post and couldnt do it. It asks me for a valid image URL?? Before it automatically added the [IMG] thing. Tried adding those manually but it changes back to the same message of invalid URL. I could save the pic to my PC and drag/drop it but seems like a real hassle.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks Jeremy. I recently uploaded a pic successfully. Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: New interface for adding pics...