User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Thread Trolling, Repeated Feedback Issue, + Forum Usability Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Thread Trolling, Repeated Feedback Issue, + Forum Usability Questions

Recently, been dealing with the same troll in multiple for sale areas. Obvious thread derailing troll is obvious.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-c...cs-etc-fl.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-c...l#post18483202

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...l#post18483209

My main concern though is the ability for a user to abuse the feedback system. I was left positive feedback after the transaction. User stated the item worked fine without issues and then three months later leaves me negative feedback because the shop he had install it destroyed the item. The guy has been PMing, calling, and texting me non stop even after I told him my direct response to the issue. To the point where I had to block his phone number. The guy obviously has some sort of obsessive personality issue and / or mental handicap.

Now, completely removing the situation from the equation what is to stop a user from continually submitting negative feedback? I know it won't allow you to submit concurrent feedback on a user, but if they receive feedback from a different user in the mean time what is to stop the troll from submitting a second, third, fourth, etc... rating.

Just as some constructive thoughts. I'm not sure if vbulletin supports this, but adding the ability to self moderate your own threads would remove a lot of constant, "Moderate my thread," PMs moderators get and help users. While I don't support this, as I think you should only submit the correct / final feedback once even if it is months down the line, but... perhaps the ability to modify and edit user feedback would be helpful for transactions that don't pan out as initially stated.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2014, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

We definitely have no interest in allowing members to moderate their own threads (aside from editing or deleting their own posts) or manipulate their shown feedback to state/show whatever they want (iTrader system would be pointless then).

I have cleaned up the thread you linked above, removing the unrelated posts. In the future, please use the "report post" button near the bottom of your username column in any given post to report trolling, etc. I have also deleted a misplaced feedback thread from the member you are having a dispute with, as it was posted in the wrong section and one thread on this is plenty. As for the thread still active in the Negative Feedback section, that one will stay open. You have the opportunity to respond there with your side of the story if you wish.

Sometimes issues develop after the initial feedback is posted, so I can see situations where it's fair and justified to post a second, updated feedback. But if a member were to post 3, 4, etc. ratings for the same transaction, say in an effort to negatively affect your rating well beyond what is their right to rate, you can report these as well and they can be deleted.

Quick Reply: Thread Trolling, Repeated Feedback Issue, + Forum Usability Questions