User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

moderator please - lost 5,700 early posts

Old 04-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moderator please - lost 5,700 early posts

help please!

I was one of the original members of LS1-Tech in the early 2000's. I had about 5,700 posts and then did not visit the cite for a couple of years - say 2008-2013.

When I returned, I could not access my account and my employers e-mail could not be used to retrieve a new password.

My original screen name was - RAJBCPA.

Within the last few years, I was able to create a new account "RAJBCPA" with a different e-mail account but my old 5,700 posts did not follow.

Is there a way to re-establish [link] my old posts to my new RAJBCPA account?

My e-mail = rajbcpa@aol.com
Old 04-24-2016, 12:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

There is no way to link the two accounts.

If you can remember the old e-mail address on the old account, we can use that as proof of account ownership and then change the e-mail to something new which you can access. At that point, you can follow the standard password reset process to get a new password sent to the new e-mail address and then begin using the old account again. An e-mail address cannot be tied to two different accounts at the same time though, so it can't be the same address that you're currently using for the "rajbcpa" account.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the original email address on my old account "rajbcpa" was robertbartsch@kpmg.com
Old 04-28-2016, 02:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by rajbcpa
I believe the original email address on my old account "rajbcpa" was robertbartsch@kpmg.com
"rajbcpa" is the current account from which you are posting, so you already have access to this account.

The e-mail address "robertbartsch@kpmg.com" is attached to username "robertbartsch". Is that the account you wish to access? If so, I can change the e-mail address on that account and then you can follow the standard password reset process to gain access. Keep in mind, you must select an e-mail address that is NOT currently in use for any other account, as an e-mail address can only be tied to one account at a time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: moderator please - lost 5,700 early posts