User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

cant scroll or do anything after opening link to subbed post

Old 10-23-2018, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs down cant scroll or do anything after opening link to subbed post

I recently noticed that after I post in a thread (activated the auto sub feature) and later on when I get an email notification someone replied and in the email is the link to the thread that once it opens up in my (internet explorer) browser that it automatically goes to the latest post but I cannot scroll up or down/pageup or page down or do anything at all? even if I refresh the page it'll go straight to that particular post. only If I start from scratch and go open another tab to go to the forum and then to the section and finally to the thread post that I can scroll up/down.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:23 PM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it stop jumping back to the post if the page completely loads? I have had it jump back to a post a couple times but it usually stops when the page is done loading. What version of Windows and Internet Explorer are you using?
Old 10-24-2018, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually wait til the page is finished loading.
currently using windows 10 and internet explorer version 11.2485
whats odd is today when I opend the link from my gmail to here I am able to scroll up/down w/o issues. hmm makes me think it may be an internet explorer plug-in issue instead of a message forum issue? however though it happens random times/day
Old 10-24-2018, 12:36 PM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, we will do some testing today on Windows 10 to see if we can get it consistently. It seems to happen at random. Let me know if it comes up again and we will try and resolve the problem.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

will do. thanks.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

somewhat similar issue but it wasn't related to a thread link that came from a subbed thread that was emailed. rather it when I clicked the most recent thread under the Eastern section directly from the main discussion resources board. here's the link to the thread for reference : eastern section
doesn't move in the #4 post

Search this Thread