User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Posted Today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005 | 12:54 PM
Restricted User

Default Posted Today...

Was I seeing things or was there a "posted today" quick link? They are so much more convenient then sorting through the forums. I clicked on it a few times yesterday...maybe my contacts need cleaning?
Old 03-02-2005 | 04:04 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

I think what you're looking for is under 'QuickLinks' on the menu bar at the top of the page - 'New Posts'.
Old 03-02-2005 | 04:28 PM
Restricted User

Nope, I know they disabled the ability to use "new posts". However, just yesterday or the day before, it had a different link up top for a few. It said, "posted today" or "todays posts".
Old 03-02-2005 | 04:43 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Nope, I know they disabled the ability to use "new posts". However, just yesterday or the day before, it had a different link up top for a few. It said, "posted today" or "todays posts".
Ah, I see... I have noticed things come and go like that, settings getting fiddled with... must've missed this'n though!

However, I did find other vBulletin boards who have that link enabled - apparently it's called "Today's Posts" - and the link syntax works here too!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily

Only up to 7:30am which must be the daily search database update time, though. Hopefully Brains will eventually get the dedicated search db server fully operational and go back to having the database updated at more frequent intervals.
Old 03-02-2005 | 04:51 PM
Restricted User

Hahaha...yep, that is it! After it went down I was trying several variants of the php database search. The link is disabled but I think as long as you "paste" that in, it works!
I was trying "gettoday" "today" etc. Sometimes it's easy to forget the simple ones.

I don't think there is a way for them to disable this. I hope those of us smart enough to know it, can use it.

Quick Reply: Posted Today...