User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Locking into system

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking into system

I'm permently logged into the computer here and I can't log out. When I do and go back in it automatically logs me back in. There are no boxes to put another user name in. Mine just pops right in without typing anything. I don't want people going on this computer and being able to use my name. How do I change this??
Old 06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I've noticed that 'Log Out' doesn't always work... The only way to be sure it gets logged out is to go to your browser cookies folder and delete all of the www.ls1tech.com and ls1tech.com cookies.

If you don't want to bother trying to find the right folder and delete them individually, you can just go to Tools -> Internet Options and click the 'Delete Cookies' button (this is in Internet Explorer, but other browsers should have something similar), to delete all of the cookies at once. Then close all of your browser windows.

The next time you go to log in to ls1tech, be sure you don't select the 'remember me' option (or whatever it's called).
Old 06-16-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome to Internet Explorer... Just like anything Microsoft writes, there's bugs.. One of them is really poor cookie handling in IE. You can either manually locate the LS1Tech cookie, or you can delete 'em all. If you use Firefox, this problem (so far as I've seen) doesn't exist
Old 06-16-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Brains
Welcome to Internet Explorer... Just like anything Microsoft writes, there's bugs.. One of them is really poor cookie handling in IE. You can either manually locate the LS1Tech cookie, or you can delete 'em all. If you use Firefox, this problem (so far as I've seen) doesn't exist

Sooooo tell us all how much fun the Chevy power tour was for all us poor saps that have to work all the time
Old 06-17-2005, 06:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Look in the Power Tour forum

Quick Reply: Locking into system