User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Why is LS1Tech so SLOW???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bitching about it isn't going to change anything.

We all know its slow. This thread has almost run its course. We are all making a concerted effort, with Brains making the HUGE bulk of the effort, to get this site moving in the right direction. Everyone bitching doens't do anything but annoy the same folks that you want working on making this site faster. Now, why would you want to do that?

You don't go off and **** in your mechanic's beer right before he goes to swap your cam, do you?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't post anymore crap in this thread. If you've got something new and informative let us know, but just whining about stuff that we already know is wrong is just wasting time. This is directed towards everyone, not just Lithium.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:36 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Woah...sorry dude.

I meant to say I love the way the site is performing and could not be happier.

Keep up the good work.

I just dealt with it at first you know...but I come on here to relax after work. Just seems to make me even more annoyed then I already am after I get home. IDK I just feel that with such a big site that this has become and the money that it is generating; just think that it should be running better than it is.

Not trying to **** anyone off...cyphur

Last edited by Lithium; 12-06-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:56 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

****, maybe I just need to blaze or drink whenever I come on here
Old 12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone else getting Mysql errors? I've been getting a few at times Maybe Brains is tweaking with the database?

Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /includes/db_mysql.php on line 212

There seems to have been a slight problem with the LS1TECH database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Brains has been busting his *** coding the new software tonight, and hasn't been on ls1tech until now.. getting closer
Old 12-06-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
Brains has been busting his *** coding the new software tonight, and hasn't been on ls1tech until now.. getting closer
Who said you could stop? oh and Thank You for all your hard work
Old 12-06-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lithium, my post wasn't directed specifically at you, but its funny that you took it that way.

If you think all of you are frustrated, think of the staff here, who spend AT LEAST as much time as you, if not more. We know how it is, all too well.

Its not magically any faster for us I feel your pain, trust me I do. But whining about it won't change anything.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lithium
IDK I just feel that with such a big site that this has become and the money that it is generating; just think that it should be running better than it is.
Apparently you haven't been reading the many threads about this over the past few months, where it's been said repeatedly that it's not a matter of spending more money on servers (we already have three, and the software doesn't support performance increases from adding any more), but a matter of completely rewriting the forum software, something the other big sites have not bothered to do instead of just disabling things.

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
You don't go off and **** in your mechanic's beer right before he goes to swap your cam, do you?
Well said!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

We're getting *very* close folks, now I'm just hoping all this hard work pays off The new code I've written sure seems fast now, but there's only 600 posts on my development machine... We'll see what its like with 4 million in a few days, and if that works out well we'll need to "stress test" it and see how it handles 1500 users at once!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

We're getting *very* close folks, now I'm just hoping all this hard work pays off The new code I've written sure seems fast now, but there's only 600 posts on my development machine... We'll see what its like with 4 million in a few days, and if that works out well we'll need to "stress test" it and see how it handles 1500 users at once!
What the hell, throw in on here. It couldn't be any worse than this.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

What the hell, throw it on here. It couldn't be any worse than this.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

It would be irresponsible to throw untested code on a "mission critical" application. The timeframe may seem a bit long now, but it'll work out well with the holiday lull in traffic.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be irresponsible to throw untested code on a "mission critical" application. The timeframe may seem a bit long now, but it'll work out well with the holiday lull in traffic.
I was, of course, only joking. I guess I should have used this guy ->
Old 12-07-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do It! Do It! You Won't *****!!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:04 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Lithium, my post wasn't directed specifically at you, but its funny that you took it that way.
How was most of your response not directed at me?

How should I of interpreted your response then? you must know because you though it to be funny and all.

Also, I am not trying to start ****; I am just really confused right now.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry guys, my brain is friggin frazzled with all the code I've been hammering out lately. If I come off like a dick, I'll apologize up front. I already took it out on one of our mods
Old 12-07-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry guys, my brain is friggin frazzled with all the code I've been hammering out lately. If I come off like a dick, I'll apologize up front. I already took it out on one of our mods
I've Gotten no hint of a dick comment from you yet.. I think your pretty laid back even though your busy as hell Actually I think your quite funny
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Lithium
How was most of your response not directed at me?

How should I of interpreted your response then? you must know because you though it to be funny and all.

Also, I am not trying to start ****; I am just really confused right now.
Lithium, after 5 pages of posts by many dozens of members, the fact that you took it personally was what I found amusing. Not laugh at you amusing, just amusing.

I wasn't picking on you, or trying to single you out. If you felt that way, then you misunderstood my post. When I mean to address someone indivually, I do so by using their handle/name.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Ok cool, I did not take it personally. I can seriously care less. Just after reading your post I felt that it was directed more at me then everyone else - my bad.

Anyway... happy holiday's to ya

Quick Reply: Why is LS1Tech so SLOW???